E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What happened to V2 orders?

Closed Thread

10-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

What happened to V2 orders?

wats going on man? nothing on the supposed shipping out of the orders last week? How long more do we have to wait. Its already a month since my cc got charged.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
wats going on man? nothing on the supposed shipping out of the orders last week? How long more do we have to wait. Its already a month since my cc got charged.
I have about 20 v2 bundles right sitting right next to me that are going out today. Please don't PM to ask if you are in this group, as that will just delay the process. You will receive a shipping conformation if you are in this group.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu View Post
I have about 20 v2 bundles right sitting right next to me that are going out today. Please don't PM to ask if you are in this group, as that will just delay the process. You will receive a shipping conformation if you are in this group.
Cool! *God, please make me 1 of em*

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
Hegemony
Fast Like Tiger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M Coupe

Quote:
Why don't you guys PM or email people proactively to give them a status update? It might stop the influx of queries. Just saying...

You guys just ignoring "place in line" requests isn't helping the perception of your service, and honestly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense given the thread you posted a while back asking people not to attempt to contact you via multiple channels. I'm not sure how you expect people to be satisfied with being ignored.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

We do our best not to ignore anyone. I am just requesting that people hold off until the end of the day to see if they receive a shipping notification. With my limited time today, I can send out V2s or emails...I want to send out the V2s, as I am sure everyone else does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegemony View Post
Why don't you guys PM or email people proactively to give them a status update? It might stop the influx of queries. Just saying...

You guys just ignoring "place in line" requests isn't helping the perception of your service, and honestly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense given the thread you posted a while back asking people not to attempt to contact you via multiple channels. I'm not sure how you expect people to be satisfied with being ignored.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

Quote:
We do our best not to ignore anyone. I am just requesting that people hold off until the end of the day to see if they receive a shipping notification. With my limited time today, I can send out V2s or emails...I want to send out the V2s, as I am sure everyone else does.
Damn good answer!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
Hegemony
Fast Like Tiger
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Understood. I was talking more about last week specifically (as I put in such a request two Saturdays ago and have not heard back yet) and the past few weeks in general. I'm positive that you guys get bombarded with "what's my status?" inquiries. Doing it once for everyone regardless of whether they've asked for it or not may satiate the masses for a couple of weeks. JMHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown335i View Post
Damn good answer!
Given the context of what I was actually talking about, no it's not.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Dustin, I'm getting used to V2 power already. When is the V 2.1 map coming out?

Just kidding guys. I doubt Vishnu is holding back the harnesses just to piss you off.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #9
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
Dustin, I'm getting used to V2 power already. When is the V 2.1 map coming out?

I doubt you are saying that to just to piss non-v2 owners off.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
I doubt you are saying that to just to piss non-v2 owners off.

Hey dude, just to be a little clearer:

Dustin/Calvin/Shiv have 1440 minutes a day. Would you prefer they pack up envelopes and resolve any remaining issues (not saying there are any) or search through the database to figure out if you are next in line?

What, given their time constraints, would be a better use of time?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #11
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:

Dustin/Calvin/Shiv have 1440 minutes a day. Would you prefer they pack up envelopes and resolve any remaining issues (not saying there are any) or search through the database to figure out if you are next in line?

chill dude, i was just pulling ur leg. no pun intended. can u just summarize ur v2 to put me to sleep? its 3.20 in the morning here. pls describe the feeling...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #12
Hegemony
Fast Like Tiger
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Given the decision they made to phase the release of V2 (a wise one that I agree with fwiw,) what you have posted is a false dichotomy.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #13
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Elmariachi - just teasing ya too.

Hegemony - it'd be a false dichotomy if all else were equal.

But things changed (my V2 had limp issues upon receipt - now resolved) and the power issue came up. Perhaps the elves in the shop are swapping out wires in the already made harness.

I have no idea. But I doubt they are snickering in California, laughing at everyone.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
the fact that a number of people here mention that they PM'd Calvin for status and got a response, and advise people to do the same is not helping. If you are not going to give status updates thats fine, but when the right leg doesn't know what the left leg is doing its gets really complicated. I'm sure no one at Vishnu said to request status updates but the fact that Calvin answered a few requests out of generosity and people told more people....you get my point. I'm not bitching, just pointing out what might have happened. Now stop reading this thread and start shipping.j/k no really get to shipping.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #15
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
false dichotomy.
ok, can you define that word for me.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:43 PM   #16
Calvin@Vishnu
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Understood. I was talking more about last week specifically (as I put in such a request two Saturdays ago and have not heard back yet) and the past few weeks in general. I'm positive that you guys get bombarded with "what's my status?" inquiries. Doing it once for everyone regardless of whether they've asked for it or not may satiate the masses for a couple of weeks. JMHS.
I can understand your frustration, but a PM with "What's my order status" with no name or order number makes it very difficult. I don't know you by your SN and unfortunately I move on very quickly to try and answer all the order status requests.

Email is the best way to contact me: Calvin@VishnuTuning.com
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #17
Hegemony
Fast Like Tiger
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
ok, can you define that word for me.
Well, a dichotomy is a division into two mutually exclusive, opposed, or contradictory groups. Kinda like when someone says it's one or the other. In that sense, a false dichotomy is when someone makes a mutually exclusive comparison when the two items or actions in question are not actually mutually exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin@Vishnu View Post
I can understand your frustration, but a PM with "What's my order status" with no name or order number makes it very difficult. I don't know you by your SN and unfortunately I move on very quickly to try and answer all the order status requests.

Email is the best way to contact me: Calvin@VishnuTuning.com
1) That's still no reason for it to be ignored.
2) It shouldn't have taken this thread for that to come to light. Especially when I forwarded my original query to the entire team just in case it didn't go through the first time or you were out on a legitimately earned vacation.
3) There was a very big stink when original V2 orders were placed that forum username be included with the order. Based on that, it's not to big of a leap for people to assume you can look it up by forum username without additional info. Thanks for letting us know what makes it easist on you.
4) In Dustin's thread here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86570 he recommended that a single form of communication be used and pointed to his signature for whom to communicate about what type of issue. His signature contains your forum name not your email address.

I'm not angry. I'm just trying to show you guys how these types of confusions come to exist. Anyway, I'm done here guys. Sorry for adding to the drama.

Calvin, thanks for getting back to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #18
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

IMO, Email or even PM sounds better than starting a whole thread to find where they stand with your personal order.

all this crying for V2, V1 on the forum is getting out of hand. Somehow they are going to feel embarrase
      10-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #19
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

.........press enter by mistake........ cont.... embarrassed, because they are not delivering on time, come on, they are just an small company, give them time. at the same time they are wasting time responding to your question and everybody else's comments, which in fact, may delay my order 2 :mad: