E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 330D exhaust/induction kit advice

10-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe M sport 330D

330D exhaust/induction kit advice

Hi guys just want some advice on my bmw, i own a bmw E92 330D with DPF removal and has been remapped.

now i am looking for my new mod, i am interested in enhancing the sound of this engine. which mods are recommended to increase the sound of the engine/ exhaust?

i will start this off with few ideas that's already been thrown at me.

i have been told a new induction kit with a new inter-cooler will add more sound and a slight touch in bhp. any advice on this? any recommended induction kits usable for 330D E92's?

2nd option is a custom exhaust. now i have been looking online and i have found few custom exhausts that are for sale. such as a twin exhaust same as 335's, but again, what kind of advice do you guys have regarding this? how should i go by doing this, should i get a decat? any recommendations on exhausts and what is best sound solution for my 330D engine.

and lastly, is there any other recommendations that i can try, maybe something else to help increase sound. i am looking for an increase in sound quality,

and please i know its a diesel and if i am interested in sound i should of get a petrol, but i don't own a petrol, i am interested in modifying my diesel, i love the torque and its really efficient, so please just constructive advice on any mods i can undertake.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

Don't know to much about the 330D's but i would look for a BMW performance exhaust option for your car, can't go wrong with one of those.
      10-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep

any recommendations? which 1 works well with the 330D, remember this a diesel, not petrol, i want the best option for the diesel, what mods will allow the sound to increase and make the car a bit more sporty and aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugy View Post
any recommendations? which 1 works well with the 330D, remember this a diesel, not petrol, i want the best option for the diesel, what mods will allow the sound to increase and make the car a bit more sporty and aggressive.
Like i said, I'd look for a BMW performance exhaust option, like made and designed by BMW. They most always sound great, and are not crazy loud. Good luck.
      10-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep

thanks i will have a look at these, should i just google bmw performance exhausts? or is there any specific exhaust brands recommended, also i wanted some insight on the induction kit, and type of exhaust mod, such as full decat? like can anybody explain what is the best exhaust layout regarding this, isit just plug and play at the garage? or do i need to specifically request the way the exhaust runs from engine to back end.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugy View Post
thanks i will have a look at these, should i just google bmw performance exhausts? or is there any specific exhaust brands recommended, also i wanted some insight on the induction kit, and type of exhaust mod, such as full decat? like can anybody explain what is the best exhaust layout regarding this, isit just plug and play at the garage? or do i need to specifically request the way the exhaust runs from engine to back end.
There's usually only one BMW performance exhaust per model, and like I said, im not sure if they make one for the 330D. Google is your friend!

And it should be as simple as removing stock exhaust and clamping on the new exhaust and use factory mounting points.
      10-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep

Perfecto, I'll check it out
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
Gizm0
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i 6mt

Wrong section.. this is the NA section.

You should be posting in here instead, you'll get more help>http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=377