F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Kalahari Beige Metallic
proTUNING Freaks

09-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
RJGBMW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335ix GT

Kalahari Beige Metallic

I found out Kalahari Beige Metallic was previously offered on the 7er (it's not a new color). Does anyone have this color? Pictures? What interior do you think would be best?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
mattu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3, 14 335GT, 21 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGBMW View Post
I found out Kalahari Beige Metallic was previously offered on the 7er (it's not a new color). Does anyone have this color? Pictures? What interior do you think would be best?
Haven't seen one in person, but looks elegant in the press video and pics.

Here's pics of one for sale with saddle brown interior. I'd say saddle or black interior are best suited for it.

PS: I just realized you can order both Kalahari Beige and Sparkling Brown on a Sport-Line. Must have been some pretty potent stuff getting passed around the table at BMW NA to decide people should get to order these exterior colors with the red trimmed sport-line interiors, but not with M-Sport, whose beige and black interiors that could actually look decent with the browns.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
benready
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGBMW View Post
I have this on the 3GT with Leather Dakota Veneto Beige and Luxury line.

I have a picture of it, but it's taken with a phone..

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
RJGBMW
Private
United_States
Rep

Some thoughts on Kalahari Beige and interiors

Thanks for the photos and interior thoughts! There is nothing like a "real" picture to clarify! To me, Kalahari Beige is best for the Luxury Line only- simple, classic, elegant (remember BMW previously used it the 7er). It does not suggest "sport" to me. Venetian Beige interiors seem too bland to me if you have a similar color outside such as Kalahari. Saddle seem good, because the tan tone is different from the tone of Kalahari, and, the best part, it is a 2 tone interior with black! The Sport Line, in the US, is getting an Oyster/Black interior with start of production 2/2014. That would be a real great "notice me" interior! After your photos, I'm now leaning toward a 335ix, Kalahari Beige/Saddle combo! Thanks for the photos, thoughts and listening to me ramble! (My wife has said "enough" so i've only got you guys to listen!)
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
benready
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328 GT

I can agree with the colour of interior, but I saw this combo on an A7, and it looked very classy. It will definitely only work for Luxury line and chrome accents. The colour varies a lot with the lighting and it looks great during evening and morning hours. Also, it can take a lot of dust, dirt and smudge before it looks dirty..

Last edited by benready; 10-15-2013 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: speling
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
RJGBMW
Private
United_States
Rep

How light affects color

That's an interesting observation on how lighting conditions affect your perception of colors. I also very much like Midnight Blue, but find you only see the beautiful shading of that color in bright sunlight. With only modest light, it looks just black to me (I am not a fan of black exteriors). I'll have to hope to see Kalahari Beige here to see the shading you speak about. And yes, Kalahari would be the best color to hide dirt! I once had a Buick in that color and it always looked clean!
Appreciate 0