E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Omega Planet Ocean, Where to buy?

09-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Squintstream
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 435i M Sport

Omega Planet Ocean, Where to buy?

Hi All,

I've decided that as a Christmas present, when I've finished paying off the car, to treat myself to a Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (42mm) Caliber 8500 (Orange Numerals, with Black Face Version)

So, I've been looking around at prices and the best option I've been able to find is at Swiss Watches Direct for £3,090 paying with a debit card: http://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk/...s_watches.html

I've checked other outlets including;

Omega store in London, who wanted the full RRP (£3,950) with no movement whatsoever!

Watches of Switzerland - LHR (Duty free Price) £3,29166

So, my questions are as follows:

Has anybody used Swiss Watches Direct? Can they be trusted and what's their service like (assuming the ONLY sell genuine Omega items)?

Has anybody found any cheaper prices (feel free to PM me if you'd prefer not to share) that I would be eligible to?

Thanks for any guidance/information in advance!

Charlie
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Jedimindtrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 MT

Have you ever considered a used example? There are some good savings to be made if you don't mind a 2-4 year old watch.

Alpina D3 sold 2015
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
mp66
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintstream View Post
Hi All,

I've decided that as a Christmas present, when I've finished paying off the car, to treat myself to a Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (42mm) Caliber 8500 (Orange Numerals, with Black Face Version)

So, I've been looking around at prices and the best option I've been able to find is at Swiss Watches Direct for £3,090 paying with a debit card: http://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk/...s_watches.html

I've checked other outlets including;

Omega store in London, who wanted the full RRP (£3,950) with no movement whatsoever!

Watches of Switzerland - LHR (Duty free Price) £3,29166

So, my questions are as follows:

Has anybody used Swiss Watches Direct? Can they be trusted and what's their service like (assuming the ONLY sell genuine Omega items)?

Has anybody found any cheaper prices (feel free to PM me if you'd prefer not to share) that I would be eligible to?

Thanks for any guidance/information in advance!

Charlie
Blowers Jewellers in Hull [google them].

Iv'e had over £50k in watches over 17 yrs and my advice would always be a Rolex steel sports version [ submariner etc]. Reason, they just go up and up in value more than any other. Not for a min saying that Omega don't but no where near as much as a Rolex.

I bought my Omega with my tesco vouchers and sold it without wearing it. Spent the money on a Rolex.

Anyway Blowers, watches.co.uk and goos luck with your purchase.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Jedimindtrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 MT

I've also bought a few watches from Blowers, great customer service but a little on the expensive side when compared to other dealers.

Alpina D3 sold 2015
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
mp66
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtrix View Post
I've also bought a few watches from Blowers, great customer service but a little on the expensive side when compared to other dealers.
I think that's because they buy them outright rather than sell on behalf plus a commission.

Forgot to mention but Watches of Switzerland have a used department as do Goldsmiths throughout their branches.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #6
Squintstream
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtrix View Post
Have you ever considered a used example? There are some good savings to be made if you don't mind a 2-4 year old watch.
Yeah, had a look, but really want the new one; with the new movement and glass back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp66 View Post
Blowers Jewellers in Hull [google them].

Iv'e had over £50k in watches over 17 yrs and my advice would always be a Rolex steel sports version [ submariner etc]. Reason, they just go up and up in value more than any other. Not for a min saying that Omega don't but no where near as much as a Rolex.

I bought my Omega with my tesco vouchers and sold it without wearing it. Spent the money on a Rolex.

Anyway Blowers, watches.co.uk and goos luck with your purchase.
Thanks for that, I had a look at Blowers and they have an "unused" version, but it's showing at £3,400, so more that the above prices.

I take your point about the Rolex Subs and have read the same. However I just think the PO is a better looking watch and as it's a purchase I plan to keep and wear (day to day) for many years to come, i'm just not sure I could do that.

Thanks for the other suggestions and please keep em coming...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
mp66
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, had a look, but really want the new one; with the new movement and glass back.

Thanks for that, I had a look at Blowers and they have an "unused" version, but it's showing at £3,400, so more that the above prices.

I take your point about the Rolex Subs and have read the same. However I just think the PO is a better looking watch and as it's a purchase I plan to keep and wear (day to day) for many years to come, i'm just not sure I could do that.

Thanks for the other suggestions and please keep em coming...
No problem mate, I take your point my manager has a PO, he doesn't like Rolexes.

Enjoy your purchase a wear in health.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

Great watch OP. I have that one. Just make sure you try it on and have the strap adjusted before you buy as there's no fine adjuster just a half size link. Mine is a little too tight with the half link out and a little to loose with it in! Ah well.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
mp66
Rep

Forgot to mention I would consider the 45.5mm.
Some not all consider the 42mm to be a ladies size.
Not my personal opinion but just wanted to point out for your consideration.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
Squintstream
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp66 View Post
Forgot to mention I would consider the 45.5mm.
Some not all consider the 42mm to be a ladies size.
Not my personal opinion but just wanted to point out for your consideration.
Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah, tried the 45.5, but a little too large for my ladies wrists
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
mp66
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah, tried the 45.5, but a little too large for my ladies wrists
Ha,Ha had to laugh.

Good luck with your purchase mate, I am sure you will enjoy many years of enjoyment from an exquisite watch.
Appreciate 0