E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Help needed regarding 3IM

09-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i M-Sport

Help needed regarding 3IM

Hey guys

Before you start to flame me, I remember reading somewhere within the forum that after the 3IM conversion, the engine management light will come on and it needs to be either coded out or the ECU needs to be tweaked to remove it.

I have been searching for quite some time now, and cant seem to find it at all...

The car runs fine and all, but that light is on and it bugs me in knowing that its not supposed to be on.

Any help please?

Sapphire Black /Coral Red E90 323i M-Sport | My car is standard...honest!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

No, you shouldn't have a engine light on after the swap. I swapped the IM and ran it for months without any tune, and didn't have any lights or codes.

if you have a code, it probably means something wasn't put back together correctly. get your codes read and find out what the problem is.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
No, you shouldn't have a engine light on after the swap. I swapped the IM and ran it for months without any tune, and didn't have any lights or codes.

if you have a code, it probably means something wasn't put back together correctly. get your codes read and find out what the problem is.
Thanks for your insight.

I guess I need to find some time to take it down to a garage for the codes to be read, though the car runs and pulls totally fine, so beats me what the issue really is. I double checked and got a friend of mine to double check on me everytime I put each part back to make sure all cables and brackets were on properly before moving onto next part, which now leads me to think maybe the DISA's are faulty?

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Got the codes read, and it points to P0444.

Read a lot of threads regarding this code, though as most people have found, theres no definitive answer to the E9x models, most previous references were to E36/ E46's...

Appreciate 0