E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Pdc Bracket M Tech Bumper

09-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Flames Fan22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1BADE90

Pdc Bracket M Tech Bumper

so i went to get my m tech bumper installled and the shop let me no i needed pdc brackets for my m tech bumper (which they have to drill holes) could they not just use the PDC brackets from the old bumper
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
nightops
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

order them from tischer getbmwparts.com. could be the old ones dont line up or are a different type than mtech. the tow hook covers arent the same either
      09-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Flames Fan22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1BADE90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightops
order them from tischer getbmwparts.com. could be the old ones dont line up or are a different type than mtech. the tow hook covers arent the same either
Ya Got the tow hooks not the brackets and being in Canada ticsher would be expensive just talked to my local shop and gave me 50 bucks for all 4
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

So you're saying that you cannot get the MSPort brackets with holes already in them, that the shop would have to drill em'/cut em'... and all thats needed on top of that are brackets to hold the sensors in? what the heck does the sensor sit clip to if theres no mounting spot on the back of the bumper?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

I read your post 5 times and still am confused. Please rephrase in a way that a normal person could understand, and we can help you out.
      12-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
I read your post 5 times and still am confused. Please rephrase in a way that a normal person could understand, and we can help you out.
Not sure if you're referring to the OP or me.

Bascally what i'm asking is, was the MSport e90's ever offered with front PDC from the factory?

If not, what are the options for retrofitting them? I'm assuming a body shop can drill holes for the sensors. Thats easy.. .the question is how do you mount them? I'm aware you'll have to buy the brackets. But what do the brackets attach to if there are no mounting points on the bumper itself for the brackets to attach to?

Has anyone successfully done this yet? Mount PDC sensors to an MSport bumper?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
Not sure if you're referring to the OP or me.

Bascally what i'm asking is, was the MSport e90's ever offered with front PDC from the factory?

If not, what are the options for retrofitting them? I'm assuming a body shop can drill holes for the sensors. Thats easy.. .the question is how do you mount them? I'm aware you'll have to buy the brackets. But what do the brackets attach to if there are no mounting points on the bumper itself for the brackets to attach to?

Has anyone successfully done this yet? Mount PDC sensors to an MSport bumper?
Sorry, I meant OP, not you.

I have done this. I went from factory E90 w/front PDC to Msport front. US spec Msport E90's were not offered with PDC from the factory. The shop I had it done at had to modify the front crash bars so the Msport bumper cleared. I luckily retained front PDC in the swap.
      12-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep

Eugenus can you comment on what other parts you had to buy for the conversion? I know there are fender liners, adapters, ducts, and a few other small things needed... but I'd love to get your list and compare it to what I've seen elsewhere on the forum?
Appreciate 0