E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > headlight confusion

09-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
XI3
Rep
Drives: 335XI

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
headlight confusion

So im kinda new, I have a 2008 E92 335xi with 133k and ive been reading up on as much about the car that i can considering i enjoy working on my own cars. So every since i bought the car the driverside headlight wont move while driving. The passenger side does everything its suppose to, up down left and right but the driverside is stuck and the worst part is that its pointing into oncoming traffic leaving a dark spot in the middle of my lane and blinding other people. Since reading I have seen the servos in the headlight might have pulled out of their sockets or they need alighned through coding. Well when i leave the auto headlights on and start the car at night both driver and passenger headlights move and home themselves so i figure i can rule out the servos being popped out. I took it to my mechanic that i use for stuff i cant do like alignments and tires he coded them back to alignment with the computer. Both headlights aligned corectly while plugged into the computer but once he disconnected from the car the driverside wouldn't follow the line of driving and immediately moved back pointing into oncoming traffic. He tried 3 times to align it and each time got the same results. It also is not throwing any codes either.

Before i go and take it to my dealer and they try to get me to replace everything ideas would be appreciated im stumped on this one
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

not too sure about how to fix it, but in the interim you can put the lights all the way to the right instead of on auto and they will not turn with the wheels. This will take care of your dark spot problem

I usually prefer this way over auto just because I hate the way the cornering lights look when I put my blinker on or am making a sharp turn
      09-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
ThEnder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI N54 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post

I usually prefer this way over auto just because I hate the way the cornering lights look when I put my blinker on or am making a sharp turn
You can code that out too.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEnder
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post

You can code that out too.
I know but I gotta find someone that's close to code it for me! I gotta get that and my rears as DRLs too. I don't know why they got rid of that