E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Eibach Pro kit XI drop consensus?

09-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
RaidersFan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Eibach Pro kit XI drop consensus?

Looking for some numbers here: I haven't really seen many actual before/after numbers posted, mostly just pictures.

Like several others, I am looking at putting an Eibach Pro kit on my 335xi, along with a set of Bilsteins or possibly Koni Yellows. One thing I can't seem to find is how much drop the spring setup gave those of you who tried it. I want to get down to the stock ride height of the sport-equipped 335i, which I gather is around 1.2 inches lower. Doesn't have to be there, 1 inch is fine too, but don't want to go much lower than that for a daily driver in snow country.

The confusing thing is that it seems like pics I have seen are all over the board. Some cars look great, about the same as 335i sport package. Some look super low, like height lost a good 2 inches. For example, my distance from tire to the top of the wheel well cover is 2.5 inches front, 2.3 inches rear, with 7.5 inches of snow clearance up front. I am hoping to get that down to 6.5 inches or so. I did a search and found one person saying it was about an inch. Couldn't find much beyond that. Anyone care to measure and post the info?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgcatching View Post
Looking for some numbers here: I haven't really seen many actual before/after numbers posted, mostly just pictures.

Like several others, I am looking at putting an Eibach Pro kit on my 335xi, along with a set of Bilsteins or possibly Koni Yellows. One thing I can't seem to find is how much drop the spring setup gave those of you who tried it. I want to get down to the stock ride height of the sport-equipped 335i, which I gather is around 1.2 inches lower. Doesn't have to be there, 1 inch is fine too, but don't want to go much lower than that for a daily driver in snow country.

The confusing thing is that it seems like pics I have seen are all over the board. Some cars look great, about the same as 335i sport package. Some look super low, like height lost a good 2 inches. For example, my distance from tire to the top of the wheel well cover is 2.5 inches front, 2.3 inches rear, with 7.5 inches of snow clearance up front. I am hoping to get that down to 6.5 inches or so. I did a search and found one person saying it was about an inch. Couldn't find much beyond that. Anyone care to measure and post the info?
Check this thread out if you haven't already, it may help you.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=bilstein
Appreciate 0