E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What shold I do before a remap?

09-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

What shold I do before a remap?

So I'm watching one of my favorite programs on TV, Wheeler Dealers, and Mike and Edd are working on a Subaru Impreza WRX. They install a better air filter, change the exhaust system from a 2" to 3" diameter pipes, then off to a remap. They successfully get it from 206 horse to near 240! Nice! I want some of that. That said, what should I do, 'cause I definitely want more ponies under the hood. I'm not looking for breakneck speed, just a bit more oomph! I've got an AFE cold-air and have kicked around getting a performance exhaust, but do I really need it? I've also checked out the 330 intake manifold and software upgrade which looks very promising, but would definitely be the last thing I'd do.

What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.
      09-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
bob.g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

find a used intake manifold and wait for the free version of the software that should be out in weeks or maybe a few months (you will still need to spend 180$ on the bt cable).

i dont think the other mods are worth it..your gonna spend 1.5k+ for a few ponies, whats the point..unless you are doing it for the sound of the exhaust/intake.
Appreciate 0