E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Alpine Flash /hpfp warranty?

08-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Mpowerrr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

Alpine Flash /hpfp warranty?

Will the flash void my hpfp warranty or/and extended maintenance warranty?

When I was driving to work today the check engine light came on followed by my car shaking... It would only start shaking when I would accelerate. So from 0-20mph it started shaking..I was not racing or anything like that just normal driving.

I pulled over and turned off my car for 5 minutes and turned it on again. Everything seemed to go well after that but when I got home I immediately took off the aftermarket parts that it had on so I can take it to the dealer but I'm still a bit nervous since I also have the alpina flash.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpowerrr View Post
Will the flash void my hpfp warranty or/and extended maintenance warranty?

When I was driving to work today the check engine light came on followed by my car shaking... It would only start shaking when I would accelerate. So from 0-20mph it started shaking..I was not racing or anything like that just normal driving.

I pulled over and turned off my car for 5 minutes and turned it on again. Everything seemed to go well after that but when I got home I immediately took off the aftermarket parts that it had on so I can take it to the dealer but I'm still a bit nervous since I also have the alpina flash.
If its just the hpfp you getting warrantied you'll be fine as long as they dont read the transmission part of the ecu. If they do they will notice a new flash date and from what ive read bmw has never updated the transmission so it should still be an old date. You might have issues on a transmission warranty but the rest of the car should be find if un-noticed.

If they notice it the whole car would be voided since the transmission is a key piece that works with everything. They could say that your running your car harder which caused the hpfp to fail ect...

I've never heard of anyone loosing there warranty or getting caught with an alpine flash yet. I wouldn't worry though, but if you think it could be the transmission that is going out or something make sure to at least flash it back to stock. With a stock file you can just play dumb, but with a non stock file you'd be caught.

Just take it in with no mods, and you should be good.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Mpowerrr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
If its just the hpfp you getting warrantied you'll be fine as long as they dont read the transmission part of the ecu. If they do they will notice a new flash date and from what ive read bmw has never updated the transmission so it should still be an old date. You might have issues on a transmission warranty but the rest of the car should be find if un-noticed.

If they notice it the whole car would be voided since the transmission is a key piece that works with everything. They could say that your running your car harder which caused the hpfp to fail ect...

I've never heard of anyone loosing there warranty or getting caught with an alpine flash yet. I wouldn't worry though, but if you think it could be the transmission that is going out or something make sure to at least flash it back to stock. With a stock file you can just play dumb, but with a non stock file you'd be caught.

Just take it in with no mods, and you should be good.
Thanks man I appreciate it.
The car is completely stock besides the alpina flash. I just took it in 20min ago.
Hopefully it goes unnoticed
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
it really depends on your dealer and how cool you are with you SA, but i dont think it should really affect it much, i go in with mods on but never really have a problem, and the HPFP is a known problem already.

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0