E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Snetterton 300 - Onboard Footage

08-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Snetterton 300 - Onboard Footage

The boys and i were back yet again at Snetterton on Sunday. Had another fantastic day. One of my friends is a racer and currently running 4th in the championship. He told me to try and keep up, so i did my very best! I was on my BMW S1000RR Sport and he was on his big bang R1. We had a lot of fun on track, i got bent out of shape a few times trying to chase him down, even went off track at the bottom of the back straight when i went into a false neutral banging down the gears from 170 mph (not much fun!!) and i also had a moment out braking myself into the hairpin!! But its all part of the game and at least we kept it shiny side up!!

I want to thank James again for all his help (yet again) in securing us the garages - you are a total star fella and we genuinely very much appreciate it.

Watch the footage in HD, its much clearer.

Here are the YouTube links:

Steve
Attached Images

08-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

That's awesome. Feel dizzy just watching it. Thanks for the upload.

What would happen if your knees touched the tarmac when taking a fast corner. Would it fuck the leg up?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Quote:
What would happen if your knees touched the tarmac when taking a fast corner. Would it fuck the leg up?
No. You're knee will hit the tarmac on all the fast corners. You need to know how far to crank the bike over.

Nice videos. I did notice more than one apex being missed tho....
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
LOL - thats what knee sliders are for fella! To be honest people always think getting your knee down means your an awesome rider and its super quick etc - but actually its easy as piss to get your knee down, its all down to body positioning - but ive learned over the years and from being around and following experienced racers that its much better and safer to leave a certain margin for error, in other words if your cranked right over in order to get your knee down (for your ego) unnecessarily then it leaves little or no room for error if the bike suddenly gets out of shape etc - i rarely ever think about getting my knee down now and actually rarely do, i use it more as a guide to guage just how far cranked over the bike is and where its at on the track etc.
      08-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #5
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
A few photos from the day.....
Attached Images