E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My JBS2 335xi Journey

10-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #1
PeeGoo
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2007 335  [0.00]
My JBS2 335xi Journey

Well, I thought I'd keep a diary of my JBS2 experience, but so far the install has gone a little sideways.

Nothing to do with the product. It's just that my physical disability has caused a number of delays. It's hard living with hams for fists. Quite hard doing the careful work required for connecting circuits and the such.

Well anyways, I managed to snap one of the male pins from one of the wires. Gotta see if I can find another male pin locally.

So, there are a few pieces of my engine strewn over the garage floor and the car will be out of commission for a day or so while I source them damn pins. Luckily, I still have my trusty ol' e46 to take me to work.

Although I have nothing to report on the JBS2's performance right now, I must say the support from Terry has been great. He's been reachable quite easily via e-mail to answer any questions. And not just this time, but on prior occasions too.

I thought I would have done a before and after dyno, but got lazy. Maybe an after dyno though.

Stay tuned. Tuned! Get it? Ha ha ha .... ahem... anyone out there?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeGoo View Post
Well, I thought I'd keep a diary of my JBS2 experience, but so far the install has gone a little sideways.

Nothing to do with the product. It's just that my physical disability has caused a number of delays. It's hard living with hams for fists. Quite hard doing the careful work required for connecting circuits and the such.

Well anyways, I managed to snap one of the male pins from one of the wires. Gotta see if I can find another male pin locally.

So, there are a few pieces of my engine strewn over the garage floor and the car will be out of commission for a day or so while I source them damn pins. Luckily, I still have my trusty ol' e46 to take me to work.

Although I have nothing to report on the JBS2's performance right now, I must say the support from Terry has been great. He's been reachable quite easily via e-mail to answer any questions. And not just this time, but on prior occasions too.

I thought I would have done a before and after dyno, but got lazy. Maybe an after dyno though.

Hey man, sorry to hear about your install troubles. I'm sure if you asked, somebody in your area would be willing to help you out. The customer service really is very good. Terry was just a phone call away when I had a question. I hope you get the wire issue resolved soon. You'll love the new found power of the JBS2!

If you have any install or other questions, just PM me.

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
PeeGoo
Private
Rep

Garage List
2007 335  [0.00]
Holy fook, the installation was a b!tch. Not because it was overly difficult, just so many steps. I'm a below average mechanic - everything I do takes 3 times as long as posted times. Then I crack things here and there... lose some bolts here and there... yikes.

In any event, I'm all done. I think I can de-install it in about an hour now that I know what I'm doing. Maybe a bit less but probably not by much. Turbo Tuner definitely seems to have an advantage in the install department.

Turned on the car, no CELS. But shiet, I was so tired, I didn't bother going for a spin. Tomorrow...

I posted this in another thread, but I think the post got deleted: great tech support from Terry. E-mail him of the knob stuff I've done and I get an e-mail back quite quickly. Props for that.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Nice, take it out for a spin later and tell us how it runs...

I'm awaiting to install mine as well....

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
PeeGoo
Private
Rep

Garage List
2007 335  [0.00]
Okay, had a chance to go out for a spin last night.

I am quite surprised at how much this thing pulls down low. Before, I'd step on the gas, then there would be a slight hesitation and then all them Bavarian horsies would come a'galloping. Now, there just seems to be quite a marked difference in grunt below 3000. You can really feel being pushed into your seat. 0 to 100km/h is simply intoxicating, but it's amazing how fast it's over. In Ontario, there's a new draconian law in place - 50km/h over the speed limit and they can impound your car and your license is suspended for a week... so I'm not really going to push it at the top end for now...

No CELs after hard driving.

Quite a deal for $350. Received an unsolicited follow up e-mail from Terry about a pin I broke, asking whether I needed some new ones. Now THAT is customer service, no matter what people think of him and his antics here in the past...

Good product.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 11:27 AM   #6
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:

No CELs after hard driving.
I think hardly anybody's throwing CELs/codes on anyone's product unless they wired something up wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:

Ask terry to send you a wire with the pin connected. Then ask a friend to solder the pin with a very small piece of wire to the car's harness. Isolate it with a heatshrink tube. If done correctly, you should not see anything after the repair when the connector is installed again. Avoid to pull that hard on the wires ! You can watch the PROcede installation video to see how pin's are extracted correctly. Good luck !

- Eugen
Appreciate 0