E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Question: Raising the car for oil change

12-05-2005, 04:07 PM   #1
cmpark
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Lightbulb Question: Raising the car for oil change

First, I'm glad to post my first message on this forum. I always appreciate for your useful information.

After reading the thread of engine oil change posted by e90wraith, I purchased 7 quarts of genuine engine oil and oil filter at local dealership.

My question is, when I'm thinking of purchasing ramp or something else to raise the car, would it be okay to drain out most of old engine oil if the front side of the car is raised? I'm concerning if the slant would prevent from complete draining. If so, is there any better way to raise the car?

Last edited by cmpark; 12-05-2005 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
Sho
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 6-speed

I use a low profile 3.5 ton jack
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2005, 12:24 AM   #3
ffej
Equally disturb-ed/-ing
Rep
Drives: Various E36 "Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpark
would it be okay to drain out most of old engine oil if the front side of the car is raised? I'm concerning if the slant would prevent from complete draining. If so, is there any better way to raise the car?
When I did the e90, i used Rhino Ramps. No problem with not getting all the oil out, I got over 6.5 quarts.
Grab a handful of $100.00 bills, light them on fire and flush the ashes down the toilet. When you can do this with one hand quickly without burning your hands, you have mastered the basic technique to buy a race car.
Appreciate 0