E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Best suspension for a 328xi Daily Driver set up.

08-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
WachYourBac
Private
Rep
Drives: '19 X3 M40i

Best suspension for a 328xi Daily Driver set up.

Hey there guys, I'm pretty new to these forums and I wanted opinions more than anything else, I've done some searching but I want to hear some fresh opinions.

I have a 2007 E90 328Xi that is stock. I'm looking into upgrading my suspension, but I'm not sure which way to go.

(Sadly I just had to buy new tires, so I'm stuck with 205's RFT's and 16" rims, but when these need replacing I plan to go to a 17" or 18" set-up.)

I've looked at that xDrive suspension compatibility list, and saw that the BMW Performance Springs & BMW "i" Sport Springs. Does anyone have Part #'s on these? Are these what they are describing

-> http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/84...NCE-SUSPENSION

If I am flat out wrong about that assumption, what's the feedback on the KW's vs H&R's vs Eibach setups?

I live in downtown Philadelphia for school, and frequently drive back to CT to visit home. So I need something thats comfortable enough for the little driving I do in the city, but sportier and more fun to drive in the backroads of PA & CT.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

What my car looks like now.
Attached Images

Last edited by WachYourBac; 08-05-2013 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

kw v1. awesome ride, no squeaks or noises. great adjustability

MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
WachYourBac
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
kw v1. awesome ride, no squeaks or noises. great adjustability

Wow, that sure is beautiful, that's almost the same look what I'm going for. I don't want it too look gotti or ricey. Still want it to be elegant, but my own.

But how far did it drop after it settled? and what is the settle/break in period?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
GearGuy2009
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Garage List
Nice drop and curious if you went with gloss or matte on your window trim? Looking to do that on my 335xi.
      08-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WachYourBac View Post
Hey there guys, I'm pretty new to these forums and I wanted opinions more than anything else, I've done some searching but I want to hear some fresh opinions.

I have a 2007 E90 328Xi that is stock. I'm looking into upgrading my suspension, but I'm not sure which way to go.

(Sadly I just had to buy new tires, so I'm stuck with 205's RFT's and 16" rims, but when these need replacing I plan to go to a 17" or 18" set-up.)

I've looked at that xDrive suspension compatibility list, and saw that the BMW Performance Springs & BMW "i" Sport Springs. Does anyone have Part #'s on these? Are these what they are describing

-> http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/84...NCE-SUSPENSION

If I am flat out wrong about that assumption, what's the feedback on the KW's vs H&R's vs Eibach setups?

I live in downtown Philadelphia for school, and frequently drive back to CT to visit home. So I need something thats comfortable enough for the little driving I do in the city, but sportier and more fun to drive in the backroads of PA & CT.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
There is no OEM sport springs available from BMW for x/xDrive vehicles (unless things have changed recently), therefore you will have to go with aftermarket if you want x/xDrive specific. People have also swapped outto BMW ZSP (sport package) springs, but again they are for RWD. Also consider changing out your stock/struts if you are lowering due to length of travel on stock dampers, if not then the ride quality will suffer dramatically. Other option is coilover as others have noted. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
WachYourBac
Private
Rep

I know there are no OEM sport springs for the xDrive vehicles, they are only available for the standard RWD vehicles. But the xDrive suspension compatibility list says the standard RWD sport springs should work, or thats at least how I read and deciphered it.

If that is not the case I'm thinking of going full coilovers, my baby just went over 84k so It's something I need to be looking into soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
JoeyMachathil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
If you decide to check out BC

BC Racing Extreme drop coils

Can't complain! Ride is chill, and no issues that I've had to worry about!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy2009 View Post
Nice drop and curious if you went with gloss or matte on your window trim? Looking to do that on my 335xi.
my trim is gloss factory because its a sport package. matching kidney grilles

MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WachYourBac View Post
I know there are no OEM sport springs for the xDrive vehicles, they are only available for the standard RWD vehicles. But the xDrive suspension compatibility list says the standard RWD sport springs should work, or thats at least how I read and deciphered it.

If that is not the case I'm thinking of going full coilovers, my baby just went over 84k so It's something I need to be looking into soon.
It was just an FYI and glad you knew

BTW, I started out with Eibach Sport/Koni Yellow and then went to ZSP/Koni Yellow on my 335xi. If I was doing this over again, I would consider KW Street Comfort for adjustable height and rebound, given the reviews on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #10
WachYourBac
Private
Rep

I think I'm going to go with KW's either V1 or Street comfort. I like to do things once and do them right, so I'd rather save up and just get a good set of coilovers and package them with some 18" wheels and beefier tires. Any suggestions on set-ups?

225 front
255 rear with a 10mm spacer?

currently on 205 potenzas all around factory wheels and offset.
Appreciate 0