E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Porter Cable for Rent

09-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Porter Cable for Rent

I recently purchased a Porter Cable 7424. It's a great machine that is used for polishing/waxing your car.

I am going to, as a test case scenario, have it available for weekly rental to local YVR (Vancouver) people who want to try it out...but don't want to spend ~$170 on something you only use once or twice a year. Well...with proper washing maintenance you should only need to use it once or twice a year.

You will be renting the machine itself, the counterweight (5"), and 6" velcro backing pad.

Lake Country Pads, waxes, sealants are NOT included. You must buy your own. Before you rent the machine, you should order them in advance.

Deposit will be $160. Paid in cash upfront. I made it $160 because it is in denominations of $20's and you can presumably withdraw that from your ATM.

No cash...no rental. You are allowed to have the machine for one week. I will return the deposit back to you when you return the machine in one piece. You break it, you buy it. As long as you treat the machine as if it was your own, you should be fine.

I'm not looking to make money off this. I just thought it might be something nice to do...from one enthusiast to another enthusiast. But hopefully, some of you may be willing to "donate" a few bucks to make it worth my time. A lot of local tool rental shops would charge to you $30 for this kinda thing...for only a day use rental. I'm not asking for $30...but something would be nice. I leave that for your discretion.

Again, I reserve the right to terminate this service at any time without notice, if I feel that is too much of PITA, or people are abusing the machine or looking to "buy"/"steal" a used Porter Cable.

I have faith that e90posters will not abuse this...please don't prove me wrong.

Last edited by spacedogg; 09-28-2007 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
BMW Newbie
Who needs CR7
Canada
Rep
Drives: SG328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
I recently purchased a Porter Cable 7424. It's a great machine that is used for polishing/waxing your car.

I am going to, as a test case scenario, have it available for weekly rental to local YVR (Vancouver) people who want to try it out...but don't want to spend ~$170 on something you only use once or twice a year. Well...with proper washing maintenance you should only need to use it once or twice a year.

You will be renting the machine itself, the counterweight (5"), and velcro backing pad.

Lake Country Pads, waxes, sealants are NOT included. You must buy your own. Before you rent the machine, you should order them in advance.

Deposit will be $160. Paid in cash upfront. I made it $160 because it is in denominations of $20's and you can presumably withdraw that from your ATM.

No cash...no rental. You are allowed to have the machine for one week. I will return the deposit back to you when you return the machine in one piece. You break it, you buy it. As long as you treat the machine as if it was your own, you should be fine.

I'm not looking to make money off this. I just thought it might be something nice to do...from one enthusiast to another enthusiast. But hopefully, some of you may be willing to "donate" a few bucks to make it worth my time. A lot of local tool rental shops would charge to you $30 for this kinda thing...for only a day use rental. I'm not asking for $30...but something would be nice. I leave that for your discretion.

Again, I reserve the right to terminate this service at any time without notice, if I feel that is too much of PITA, or people are abusing the machine or looking to "buy"/"steal" a used Porter Cable.

I have faith that e90posters will not abuse this...please don't prove me wrong.
GL with ur Porter Cable rental business
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Newbie View Post
GL with ur Porter Cable rental business
It's not a business. A business would have a set price. If I was trying to do this for profit... Actually...I would be happy if people who borrow it donate $10 to some worthwhile charity...like the BC Cancer Foundation or something.

The deposit is just there so nobody decides to "borrow" it and then walks away with it.

Had someone offered, I personally would have borrowed a PC rather than buy it myself. If you have your own pads...you only really need it for a day or two. It doesn't really makes sense to shell out that money for something you are going to use maybe 6 times (2x a year for 3 years). But maybe that's just me.

And besides...if nobody takes me up on the offer that's fine too.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 01:56 AM   #4
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

dave!

I m interested, can i pay you $20+deposit for a lifetime rental membership? LOL!!

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 02:22 AM   #5
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 323i

hey Eric,
that sounds good
323i, Arctic metallic , Cream beige leatherette interior , Titanium matt trim , Premium , Auto , 18" style 189 sport wheels , 335i bumper + kidney grills, CF pillars, Chrome window trim package , LCI halogen.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhwik View Post
dave!

I m interested, can i pay you $20+deposit for a lifetime rental membership? LOL!!
PM'ed.
Appreciate 0