E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Software for Noobs!

07-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
Snaggletooth
General Nuisance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Software for Noobs!

Hey guys.

This has probably been asked a million times but I really have not been able to find a satisfactory answer in regards to what software is needed. Even with searching, I am not quite understanding what the process is to code my car. Every FAQ thread either seems incomplete or is outdated / deleted. I've heard and seen 'daten', 'eidabas' 'inpa' and 'sauerkraut' so many times and I still have ZERO idea WTF i'm doing. I don't wanna screw this one up so it's time for me to get help.

I am confused as to why the software comes in so many chunks. I spent yesterday downloading what I assumed was the full suite but I have not found a cohesive piece of software to code the car with. I have the cable and laptop ready to go, all I need is the following:

-MANDATORY software (what pieces are needed, how to use/test them)
-How to use the interface
-What to avoid doing

If someone can make idiot-proof instructions for what software is needed, how to use it, and how to code the car I would be very grateful!
      07-12-2013, 03:59 AM   #2
BMW..
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggletooth View Post
Hey guys.

This has probably been asked a million times but I really have not been able to find a satisfactory answer in regards to what software is needed. Even with searching, I am not quite understanding what the process is to code my car. Every FAQ thread either seems incomplete or is outdated / deleted. I've heard and seen 'daten', 'eidabas' 'inpa' and 'sauerkraut' so many times and I still have ZERO idea WTF i'm doing. I don't wanna screw this one up so it's time for me to get help.

I am confused as to why the software comes in so many chunks. I spent yesterday downloading what I assumed was the full suite but I have not found a cohesive piece of software to code the car with. I have the cable and laptop ready to go, all I need is the following:

-MANDATORY software (what pieces are needed, how to use/test them)
-How to use the interface
-What to avoid doing

If someone can make idiot-proof instructions for what software is needed, how to use it, and how to code the car I would be very grateful!
1 thread below this... Your welcome
Appreciate 0