F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Mirror Memory Not Working
ARMA SPEED

07-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
bacampbe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 Z4 M40i PB

Mirror Memory Not Working

Is anyone else having issues with the side mirrors failing to return to the last position? This used to happen occasionally, but seems to be happening all the time now since the last software upgrade. My wife and I now have to manually adjust the mirrors, or explicitly hit the seat position button whenever we swap drivers.

The seat memory button seems to work fine, so I suspect a software issue rather than a mechanical problem. I know there's a setting to choose whether the seats automatically return to the last position. Is there a similar setting for mirrors that may have gotten reset? If so, I can't find it.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Maximus_850csi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90

Garage List
2021 BMW S1000XR  [0.00]
2018 YMB F80  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacampbe View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the side mirrors failing to return to the last position? This used to happen occasionally, but seems to be happening all the time now since the last software upgrade. My wife and I now have to manually adjust the mirrors, or explicitly hit the seat position button whenever we swap drivers.

The seat memory button seems to work fine, so I suspect a software issue rather than a mechanical problem. I know there's a setting to choose whether the seats automatically return to the last position. Is there a similar setting for mirrors that may have gotten reset? If so, I can't find it.
Not sure if helps but you may find some info here:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...=mirror+memory
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
bacampbe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 Z4 M40i PB

I think my problem is different from the one in that thread. I have occasionally seen the passenger side mirror fail to fully return from dipping in reverse. But what I'm seeing now affects both side mirrors, and doesn't seem connected to putting the car in reverse.

I haven't yet gone through the steps to see if it happens every time or not--have to get both fobs in the same place for a while.
Appreciate 0