F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Sound when driving in sport + and DS mode
proTUNING Freaks

06-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Sound when driving in sport + and DS mode

I am starting to understand this car better but I have a lot to learn. From 0-60 and driving with windows down I really appreciate the mix of the inline 6 revving sounds and the exhaust. The symphony is glorious. Once at highway speeds, windows up, the engine is less audible and for as long as you have your foot on the gas accelerating you can hear the exhaust. Once you are cruising with your foot just maintaining your speed, the car is too quite for my liking. Of course I can step on the gas and I am happy again but I can't accelerate to perpetuity. I am wondering if this is something people here have observed. Is this something the MPE can fix?

I will experiment again but I do recall hearing the drone when in Eco pro or comfort mode while cruising. In sport+ with DS mode the drone seems to go away but I need to confirm this since its been a while since I drove on the highway in those 2 modes.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0