E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > To Limp or not to Limp........!

09-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

To Limp or not to Limp........!

Ok, well the time is near where the choice has got to come down to the two.....PROcede?---or---Xede?.

I Leave in South Florida and one would think that going with AA's xede would be the better choice; well being a part of this community hopefully would help me make the "Right" choice....

First of all, let me just say whether is just installer’s error/Computer management malfunction etc...That the "LIMP" mode post's have had me hold back for the most time.

Now, I am not the kind person who is going to be able to take the car to the track and burn the rubber just for fun. I save my notes for my little ones future, that said....I still want to be able to push it once in a while and get up to speed quick.

Question, has XEDE gone into LIMP Mode as much as PROcede? seriously, I Don’t go for one more than the other, I am just trying to preserve my engine.

Thx for your posts.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
They are both very good products, and both have experienced limp modes. You look hard enough, you'll find them. However, whether any limp mode is a result of the piggy back is a presumption, which I am not convinced is proven.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Ok, well the time is near where the choice has got to come down to the two.....PROcede?---or---Xede?.

I Leave in South Florida and one would think that going with AA's xede would be the better choice; well being a part of this community hopefully would help me make the "Right" choice....

First of all, let me just say whether is just installer’s error/Computer management malfunction etc...That the "LIMP" mode post's have had me hold back for the most time.

Now, I am not the kind person who is going to be able to take the car to the track and burn the rubber just for fun. I save my notes for my little ones future, that said....I still want to be able to push it once in a while and get up to speed quick.

Question, has XEDE gone into LIMP Mode as much as PROcede? seriously, I Don’t go for one more than the other, I am just trying to preserve my engine.

Thx for your posts.
Every tune has gone into limp. Period.Even stock cars have gone limp.With that said buy what you want as far as I'm concerned I haven't had enough limp modes to call it a problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

i have NEVER once seen limp mode with my AA Xede or seen one post stating they went into limp mode with xede...this is the main reason why i went with xede or procede...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
i have NEVER once seen limp mode with my AA Xede or seen one post stating they went into limp mode with xede...this is the main reason why i went with xede or procede...
Yeah, well I have...I agree with JonMartin though, it is not any problem. Also, how many miles have you driven on your Xede?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

Both are good options. It's a matter of if you want a 12.8-13.2sec @ 108-110 mph 1/4 mile car for $1200 or a 12.3-12.6 sec car @ 113-116mph for $1,450.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep

Both have gone into limp mode. Do a search for some xedes running at altitude...
When there are 20-25 procede users to 1 xede user, the issues with the procede v1 versions are more visible. V2 is supposed to eliminate these issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedeboy View Post
This seems based on speculation. Another poster said the new PROceed will be running up to 15psi, where as the old version runs 14psi. To improve from 12.8 to 12.3 would take appropriately 50rwhp, which is not possible from 1psi. More likely the 1 psi will give 15rwhp, or 1.5ths of a second.
Bingo!!
50 more hp @ upper rpm range.
not just boost, VANOS control? Details will be released in a couple days.

You've seen walkedu's car against the two m5's?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 11:39 PM   #9
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep

Shiv sold 600 v2 harnesses and mention the 1000 unit figure in one of his post. This figure probably includes all the international users as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep

yea, i think so too..Only AA and vishnu knows for sure..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #11
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

No offense to the op, or anyone else......but am I the only one getting very tired of these threads? I know I know, then why post......just making a comment.
      09-23-2007, 03:57 AM   #12
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Hey Maverik!!!

You'll not face any issue with PROcede as long as you upload the LBT map which ,to my opinion, has proven more linear than the standard map.

I find the LBT solution ,perfect.

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 04:37 AM   #13
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedeboy View Post
This seems based on speculation. Another poster said the new PROceed will be running up to 15psi, where as the old version runs 14psi. To improve from 12.8 to 12.3 would take appropriately 50rwhp, which is not possible from 1psi. More likely the 1 psi will give 15rwhp, or 1.5ths of a second.
Procede has pretty much always ran at 15psi at it's peak and tapers down.Even the software says it's target boost is 14.7.And tuning can Produce 40-50rwhp other then just turning up the boost if you know what your doing.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 05:09 AM   #14
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

I've had Procede 1.xx for 14,000 miles with no limp modes in FL. Most people with Procede and with Xede have no problems. I wouldn't make my decision based upon limp mode posts. If you're in S. FL, Xede is a good option for you, because of the availability of AA. They have a whole package of options available, and very happy customers. On the other hand, you don't find any unhappy Procede customers on this board.

You won't go wrong either way. Just enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #15
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk View Post
easy solution, Turbo tuner... until V2 comes into ur hands.
I've got The turbo tuner...will be selling it on here once i make up my mind
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 09:09 AM   #16
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

In another thread I can't find right now, AA stated they have other authorized dealers. Where can I find a list of these authorized dealers?

Any close to St Louis, MO?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #17
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz View Post
Hey Maverik!!!

You'll not face any issue with PROcede as long as you upload the LBT map which ,to my opinion, has proven more linear than the standard map.

I find the LBT solution ,perfect.
Hate to call you out on this, but didn't you just have all these issues with procede?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74394
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #18
revah2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Im sure if you want to make stupid power... AA will give it to you. Another member on here is running 14psi/18psi with the flick of a switch.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 12:33 PM   #19
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
Hate to call you out on this, but didn't you just have all these issues with procede?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74394
OUCHHHH...Read Panoz Posts and that just adds to the LIMP modes that i have found for the PRO Vs the XEDE...I think i will just do the obvious thing and go with the XEDE.....Maybe one day i will be blown away by a procede on the highway...only to blow by him a few meters ahead cause he went into limp mode ....

someone PM me and told me to wait another 1-2 months to see what kinda feedback the V2 has got on Limp modes, MAYBE i will do that, final decision would be based upon those V2 users so pls, keep posting if you would pls.

OH...Somebody else pm'd me (most PM's I've ever got) too and said that there is a guy on here who had DP's for his 335i BUT only the xede/AA crew were able to relate/fine tune those 2 to work harmoniously together, and that his car gets about 15.2PSI... something that he was unable to attain w' the PROcede???? sounded kinda bias to me...is this true???
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #20
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
No offense to the op, or anyone else......but am I the only one getting very tired of these threads? I know I know, then why post......just making a comment.
+1
      09-23-2007, 03:16 PM   #21
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
OUCHHHH...Read Panoz Posts and that just adds to the LIMP modes that i have found for the PRO Vs the XEDE...I think i will just do the obvious thing and go with the XEDE.....Maybe one day i will be blown away by a procede on the highway...only to blow by him a few meters ahead cause he went into limp mode ....

someone PM me and told me to wait another 1-2 months to see what kinda feedback the V2 has got on Limp modes, MAYBE i will do that, final decision would be based upon those V2 users so pls, keep posting if you would pls.

OH...Somebody else pm'd me (most PM's I've ever got) too and said that there is a guy on here who had DP's for his 335i BUT only the xede/AA crew were able to relate/fine tune those 2 to work harmoniously together, and that his car gets about 15.2PSI... something that he was unable to attain w' the PROcede???? sounded kinda bias to me...is this true???
LOL at the first part... .The second part is walked U had his car fine tuned at Vishnu for all his mods so it's do able When Walked U called AA they wanted to Fine tune it from across the country how the F*** lol that makes alot of sense NOT.Sorry thats not a custom tune
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #22
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
i think this requires a lot more research that merely posting a thread asking peoples opinion. You are dealing with 2 very different products, although from a distance they might seem very similar. The housing is the only thing thats actually identical, the components differ, as well as the upgadeabiltiy (this will start another riot as to whether V2 is a upgrade or update). there are a lot of factors that go into analyzing a limp mode. like: location, elevation, temp, production date, mods, driver, product, map, etc. You get my point. But to simplify it a little bit, out of all the people that got limp mode, from a PROcede, about 9/10 were due to incorrect installation. the other 1/10 were from not achieving the boost target, and so needed the LBT map. which it fixed.

Xede: now people on this forum will not admit it, but this board is somewhat biased (or most people) towards the Xede in respect that you hear 3 times more feedback about PROcedes than you do Xedes. This is why you hear people assuming that "PROcedes are Limp Mode Prone" which is simply not true. there have been Limp modes reported for Xedes but not described in much detail. This could because either it was a simple problem or just that PROcede users greatly outnumber the Xede users. I personally think some people are just scared to ask about problems with the Xede to avoid a flaming on here. I got scolded by an admin for doing that by the way. If you notice there are very, very few threads started by people praising the Xede, on the contrary every person that buys a PRocede comes and shouts about it the day after.

But thats my .002
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0