E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help - cannot shut off car completely after coding

06-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
realazy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Help - cannot shut off car completely after coding

Hi,

I just got my car coded at a shop locally and experienced this when I got home. I'm hoping for some ideas when I bring it back to the shop tomorrow.

My car has comfort access, so normally if I would like to shut off the car completely (while still in the car) I push the on/off button twice.

Aftering the coding, now when I push the on/off button the second time (after the engine is off) the car goes back to ignition on mode.

Once it's stuck in ignition on mode, I cant turn the car off at all. If I get out and lock the car, the car stays in ignition on mode.

The only way I've been able to shut the car off is to actually keep my foot on the brake to start and stop the engine again or to plug in the key and unplug it.

By plugging it the key and unplugging it, it does what I actually want it to do (to completely power down).

Any ideas how to get it back to normal? Or which code may have caused this?

I feel like it's acting like the car does not have comfort access when I push the on/off button the second time.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
BMW..
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by realazy View Post
Hi,

I just got my car coded at a shop locally and experienced this when I got home. I'm hoping for some ideas when I bring it back to the shop tomorrow.

My car has comfort access, so normally if I would like to shut off the car completely (while still in the car) I push the on/off button twice.

Aftering the coding, now when I push the on/off button the second time (after the engine is off) the car goes back to ignition on mode.

Once it's stuck in ignition on mode, I cant turn the car off at all. If I get out and lock the car, the car stays in ignition on mode.

The only way I've been able to shut the car off is to actually keep my foot on the brake to start and stop the engine again or to plug in the key and unplug it.

By plugging it the key and unplugging it, it does what I actually want it to do (to completely power down).

I feel like it's acting like the car does not have comfort access when I push the on/off button the second time.

Thanks!!
Seems like they really messed up with the codes. What did you ask them to code onto the car? Best bet is to code in expertmode and retry what you want them to put on. It isnt hard to misread a code in the wall of texts
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 02:55 AM   #3
pweber
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M57 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by realazy View Post
Hi,

Thanks!!
Try to press on/off button and hold it for a while when you want to turn off the engine and see what happen.

It will be easy to back to default settings, so don't worry. But question is what they were trying to code in your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
realazy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Got it all fixed. Apparently it needed a firmware update on the FRM.
Appreciate 0