E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > OEM+ Interior

06-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
gdgraham
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

Garage List
OEM+ Interior

Finally finished up my interior I think. Probably get OEM black carpeted floor mats then call it good. I was given stainless steel pedals, M dead pedal, sunglasses tray, M speaker covers, and pearlescent chrome brake handle for B-Day gifts. Other interior mods include full interior LED kit and LCI cup holder trim pieces. Cream beige isn't for everyone, especially with wood grain but I'd like to maintain an OEM look. May wrap the trim in piano black but we'll see.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Nice! What LED kit was it?
      06-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
gdgraham
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Got the kit from High Performance Bulbs. I had two other cheap ones before this one and they were junk. They flickered and shut off, this one is great.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
.fLip.
no more coupe :(
Rep
Drives: e90

yea I have the same interior color and im debating whether to wrap the wood in carbon or piano black.

at times I do like the combination, looks nice and clean.

no floormats?

ive been wanting to remove mine since they are ALWAYS bunching up under my feet/passengers feet. but id rather not dirty the floor carpet. debating black or beige all weather floor mats since they prob wont bunch as much
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraham View Post
Got the kit from High Performance Bulbs. I had two other cheap ones before this one and they were junk. They flickered and shut off, this one is great.
Thanks man! Did you get the larger LED dome module? I want t order the kit but I'm unsure how to install the large dome modules. Also where did you pick up the pedals? Was the install hard for them?
      06-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
odariel
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: M3 DKG

Too classic for my taste... And IMHO you have a wierd mix going on... Those sporty pedals, mixed with the most classic interior you can have... i don't see it.. same thing happens with with the M speaker covers.. i guess i rather see the cream ones... Wood, Black plastic, brushed aluminium (pedals and brake handle), chrome (steering wheel trim and gearknob), creamy leather, it is too much... and now black carpets... i don't know.. i think you need to put some materials out of the equation... getting rid of the wood would be a wise choice... makes the car look old... White LED lights look good though.

Sorry if i am being a bit harsh, trying to be constructive.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
gdgraham
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
.fLip. yea I have the same interior color and im debating whether to wrap the wood in carbon or piano black.

at times I do like the combination, looks nice and clean.

no floormats?

ive been wanting to remove mine since they are ALWAYS bunching up under my feet/passengers feet. but id rather not dirty the floor carpet. debating black or beige all weather floor mats since they prob wont bunch as much
I might go with piano black, the brushed metal vinyls look pretty awesome though. I have floor mats but they’re the WeatherTech Digital Fit so they cover up half the dead pedal so it doesn’t make for great pictures.

Quote:
Otruba_843
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraham
Thanks man! Did you get the larger LED dome module? I want t order the kit but I'm unsure how to install the large dome modules. Also where did you pick up the pedals? Was the install hard for them?
Yeah I did the larger dome led that has like a couple dozen on it, easy install, just swap bulbs. Pedals came from Turner. Install was not complicated at all but the brake pedal is kind of a pain in the ass.

Quote:
odariel Too classic for my taste... And IMHO you have a wierd mix going on... Those sporty pedals, mixed with the most classic interior you can have... i don't see it.. same thing happens with with the M speaker covers.. i guess i rather see the cream ones... Wood, Black plastic, brushed aluminium (pedals and brake handle), chrome (steering wheel trim and gearknob), creamy leather, it is too much... and now black carpets... i don't know.. i think you need to put some materials out of the equation... getting rid of the wood would be a wise choice... makes the car look old... White LED lights look good though.

Sorry if i am being a bit harsh, trying to be constructive.
Thanks for the input. I guess that’s what I needed to convince me to wrap it. Now to go with piano black or brushed black or brushed aluminum…too many options...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #8
gdgraham
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Keep the comments coming, I need help deciding on what to wrap my trim in.
NOT carbon fiber, it's a 328i with 0 performance mods so it wouldn't work!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
Casshern
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Manual tag. Getting this kit! The look is fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
odariel
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Keep the comments coming, I need help deciding on what to wrap my trim in.
NOT carbon fiber, it's a 328i with 0 performance mods so it wouldn't work!
Yep, not carbon fiber, it would look out of place in your car and it would be yet another material...

I think your initial idea with piano black is good, although brushed metal would look good too if you are able to source one that looks like the pedals finish... Although i think black on cream looks better that brushed metal on cream...

Also, two relatively cheap mods that would add some coherence would be a brushed gear knob, and the M trim for the wheel (if you could strech it and get the M wheel it would be even better imo, you would add some "sportivenness" to the car with it.. pedals & wheel)... and this way you would get rid of all the chrome bits.. it would look a lot better imo...

brushed gear knob
http://www.amazon.com/BMW-Genuine-Se.../dp/B002II7L22

or the performance knob, coherent with the brake handle

Also, if you end up putting black carpets (i understand you don't want them cream, they will get dirty just by looking at them..) I would put some more bits in black, like the rest of the brake handle? the leather bit, i don't know the name of it in english...

Cheers!

Last edited by odariel; 06-07-2013 at 05:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
gdgraham
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yeah I do have a black leather parking brake boot, I might put that back in. I just took it out because it really stood out.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
odariel
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I do have a black leather parking brake boot, I might put that back in. I just took it out because it really stood out.
Yeah, but if you put the carpets, the M trim, etc.. i think it will look better.. but hey, if you tried it and didn't like it..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #13
.fLip.
no more coupe :(
Rep
Drives: e90

here is an idea of a bamboo/black/carbon combo (mind u its froma m3)

not really a fan of it with the brushed alimunum

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #14
odariel
Private First Class
Spain
Rep

Yes, this looks a lot nicer, but it would imply changing all the car's carpet to black... (maybe it is not that expensive) If you put an M wheel, do the floor an get the piano black trim it will look really good.
Appreciate 0