E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New Water pump throwing code?

05-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

New Water pump throwing code?

I just got my COBB Accessport and installed it last night. I have always had "Check Engine" since forever, because I run catless DP. When the instillation was complete the engine light went away. I was messing around with the device and still wanted to check my codes, and see what they were actually called.

To my surprise besides the cats I had a "P2E84" code "Electric Water Pump Communications". About 4,000 miles ago my water pump went out when a bike hit me in Florida... I got a new thermostat and water pump replaced from a local indie shop.... So im wondering is the code still lingering around? Or did something go wrong in that install? The car has not been overheating or had issues that were present when the pump was failing.

I check checked again tonight and the code still exists. I had some other crazy codes earlier today, but they all went away besides the water pump.
Appreciate 0