E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Suspension, M Sport - Standard

05-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
John0108
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport Touring

Suspension, M Sport - Standard

Hi, I've just got an E91 335d M Sport with M Sport suspension deletion. Will it just need M Sport shocks and springs to put it right or are there other bits needed also can you get original parts other than from BMW.
Thanks
John
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Just springs and dampers as far as I know. Pattern parts will be available from any motor factor for a lot less than BMW.

However, if you're planning to change them anyway, why not look at making it better? Bilstein B4 dampers are OE replacements and are universally better than the factory ones. That would help remove a lot of the crashiness that the MSport setup will give you.
      05-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
John0108
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport Touring

Cheers Paul, would you put M Sport springs with the Bilstien dampers?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Agree, why pay £ for the berated crashy msport setup when you can fit a decent setup. Of springs and dampers.

Maybe the anti roll bars are different too?

No you can only get bmw parts from bmw.

Mind you the bmw kit would probably avoid being a mod insurance wise...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #5
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Got sport springs dampers and arb that had less than 20 k unstressed miles. make me an offer or get something better like I did.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Terryk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 mineral grey N47 ed

when changing from a non m-sport to a m-sport suspension, you won't need also to change the additional shock absorber ?

part No 11 : http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...16&hg=31&fg=10

in what concerns the bilstein, i have read that the b4 tends to add height at a vehicle (i have seen it also at other C segment vehicles but one could say that c segment cars are lighter than a D segment 3 series bimmer).
also, why a sachs oem absorber is not as good as a b4? the m-sport editions come with sachs advantage or sachs performance absorbers?
i don't try to be the smart here, just asking for opinions in order to have a better clue from other bimmers' owners experiences in certain products
friendly,
terry

Last edited by Terryk; 05-29-2013 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
PauloC
Rep
Drives: BMW Sedan 335i M 2008

Im having de SAME Dilema, BMW was wrong and put me Sachs Advantage schocks to replace the originals front Schocks.
WROOOOOONG!!!
The originals are SACHS PErformance and are STIFFERS than advantage, I have put a OFICIAL CLAIM and is in process right now.
I try to put KONI FSD, but a week later I took it off because are too soft compared to original SACHS, these shocks are really good.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryk View Post
when changing from a non m-sport to a m-sport suspension, you won't need also to change the additional shock absorber ?

part No 11 : http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...16&hg=31&fg=10

in what concerns the bilstein, i have read that the b4 tends to add height at a vehicle (i have seen it also at other C segment vehicles but one could say that c segment cars are lighter than a D segment 3 series bimmer).
also, why a sachs oem absorber is not as good as a b4? the m-sport editions come with sachs advantage or sachs performance absorbers?
i don't try to be the smart here, just asking for opinions in order to have a better clue from other bimmers' owners experiences in certain products
friendly,
terry

Or cut these bump stops so called supplemental suspension I heard. Although if you are mid mileage and could replace now I would.

You'll be resting on the rubber preventing your suspension from settling of you do neither.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
Terryk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 mineral grey N47 ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloC View Post
Im having de SAME Dilema, BMW was wrong and put me Sachs Advantage schocks to replace the originals front Schocks.
WROOOOOONG!!!
The originals are SACHS PErformance and are STIFFERS than advantage, I have put a OFICIAL CLAIM and is in process right now.
I try to put KONI FSD, but a week later I took it off because are too soft compared to original SACHS, these shocks are really good.
PauloC you say that FSD are too soft when compared with the M sport Sachs performance you initially had.
what is your opinion when comparing the FSD with the Sachs Advantage that dealer installed you by accident?
koni claims that the FSD are made for a comfort ride but with a good sport behavior, so your opinion based on your experience with both products is something i would like to hear.
thanks