F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Visibility pack
ARMA SPEED

05-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
pferdestarke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 320D M-Sport

Visibility pack

I know you get:

Xenons
Active lights
Headlight wash
High beam assist

How advanced is the high beam assist? I know BMW have launched a system where in high beam mode the path of the beam varies according to oncoming traffic, but i assume on the f30 it simply switched between full and dipped beam in the event of it sensing head/tail lights?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Hprice1099
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...46751780,d.d2k
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

You assume wrong, the F30/31 system is very advanced. MAny reports on here of extremely happy owners.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferdestarke View Post
I know you get:

Xenons
Active lights
Headlight wash
High beam assist

How advanced is the high beam assist? I know BMW have launched a system where in high beam mode the path of the beam varies according to oncoming traffic, but i assume on the f30 it simply switched between full and dipped beam in the event of it sensing head/tail lights?
The F30 does do all of this and adjusts the beam according to the cars in front.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
pferdestarke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 320D M-Sport

Excellent.

I'd convinced myself it was only on the LED platform.

I'm very excited about this feature.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
I have the Vis pack on my E90 and I thought it was going to be a bit gimmicky, but it's not. It works really well, and the high beam assistant rarely gets it wrong. The only thing that throws it is the new LED street lights but then as soon as a car is followed or come the other way it dips the headlights.

It looks like the F30 and F10 etc have moved the game along even more!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport GS

Damn, I knew it was a bad idea coming on this forum. I've just watched that video of the beam assist and upgraded my xenon order for the vis pack. £200 seems worth it for such a clever bit of technology
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkidrew View Post
Damn, I knew it was a bad idea coming on this forum. I've just watched that video of the beam assist and upgraded my xenon order for the vis pack. £200 seems worth it for such a clever bit of technology
The HUD is really worth considering IMO
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
The HUD is really worth considering IMO
What am I? 5 years old? No,it would be last on my list but if I keep looking at this forum I might be with you....
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Mmmmm, HUD good

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #11
Dragut
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper Convertible

It is not just for LEDs,is it ?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #12
r1cey
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferdestarke View Post
I know you get:

Xenons
Active lights
Headlight wash
High beam assist

As previously posted in another thread, I thought it would be a bit gimmicky, but was gobsmacked at how effective it is. The lights "dance" when driving on country roads as you approach oncoming vehicles, road signs, catch up with other traffic, pass through villages, etc. to ensure you don't blind anyone, and a great benefit turning into corners or junctions where they follow the movement of the car.
Well worth the extra over the Xenons.
The only drawback is the standard bulbs on the fogs, as they come on with the cornering lights (too yellow), however upgraded to Phillips Crystal Vision (4300K) bulbs at a cost of £44.99, and much better
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #13
brommy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1cey View Post
As previously posted in another thread, I thought it would be a bit gimmicky, but was gobsmacked at how effective it is. The lights "dance" when driving on country roads as you approach oncoming vehicles, road signs, catch up with other traffic, pass through villages, etc. to ensure you don't blind anyone, and a great benefit turning into corners or junctions where they follow the movement of the car.
Well worth the extra over the Xenons.
The only drawback is the standard bulbs on the fogs, as they come on with the cornering lights (too yellow), however upgraded to Phillips Crystal Vision (4300K) bulbs at a cost of £44.99, and much better
I'm also a big fan of what the visibility pack brings. I had adaptive xenons with high beam assist on my 520d but it simply steered the lights left and right with the steering direction and flicked between high and low beam.

The F30's lights are awesome in comparison. Best seen when travelling on an unlit road following a vehicle at a reasonable distance. It keeps full beam on but 'draws' a dark box around the car in front. As the car in front moves, the box moves. When a car approaches from the opposite direction, the two high beam paths begin to part, lighting either side of the approaching car but leaving the oncoming car in the dark. When the light paths can part no further, the off-side light flicks to low beam as the approaching car passes and then it's back to full beam.

Regarding the foglight whiteness mismatch, I can highly recommend MTEC 4750K bulbs. A perfect 'white temperature' match to the xenons and easily delivered at only £13.45.
      04-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
r1cey
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by brommy View Post
Regarding the foglight whiteness mismatch, I can highly recommend MTEC 4750K bulbs. A perfect 'white temperature' match to the xenons and easily delivered at only £13.45.

Fantastic price, but what's the lifespan of them like? (I trust you've used before?)

As I said in the other (factory halogen) thread, had the Phillips Crystal Vision fitted to my (non Xenon) BMW X3 for just under 3 years (main and dip bulbs) without failure, and the wife has had these type fitted to her Nissan Juke from new, which has just turned 2yr old, so while expensive (more so for the H8 fog replacement, H7's are typically £30 per pair, and H4 (on the Juke) only £25) , have found them to be very reliable, so worth the extra cash IMO. Also, I know they pass the MOT.
Everyone to their own, I guess...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #15
brommy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1cey View Post
Fantastic price, but what's the lifespan of them like? (I trust you've used before?)

As I said in the other (factory halogen) thread, had the Phillips Crystal Vision fitted to my (non Xenon) BMW X3 for just under 3 years (main and dip bulbs) without failure, and the wife has had these type fitted to her Nissan Juke from new, which has just turned 2yr old, so while expensive (more so for the H8 fog replacement, H7's are typically £30 per pair, and H4 (on the Juke) only £25) , have found them to be very reliable, so worth the extra cash IMO. Also, I know they pass the MOT.
Everyone to their own, I guess...
Not used them before but I read some good reviews/experiences of them and they do have a 1 year warranty.

Have you experience or knowledge of the MTECs being unreliable? They won't exactly be powered for long periods.

In any case, they cost only £13.45 for a pair, take just 5 minutes to change and are the perfect white match. All good IMO!
      04-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #16
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Not used them before but I read some good reviews/experiences of them and they do have a 1 year warranty.

Have you experience or knowledge of the MTECs being unreliable? They won't exactly be powered for long periods.

In any case, they cost only £13.45 for a pair, take just 5 minutes to change and are the perfect white match. All good IMO!
Plus the mtecs don't give that blue glow in the reflector in daylight, i hate that!
Appreciate 0