E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Cry for help with FSCing

05-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
theg00se
Private
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Cry for help with FSCing

Hi, I have recently had to change my CCC head unit because I stupidly blow up my original (don’t ask). A coder in crew did a great job and setup my new one and added a few more features.
Anyway the voice activation and audible warnings for the front parking sensors do not work and I’m told its because I need to enter an FSC code. (is this correct)
The problem is I do not know how to get my old one and if I had it I do not know how to load it.
I’ve looked on the forum and some threads suggest that I could download a large FSC file and lookup my Vin number and find my FSC code. I can not find the file. Some threads say I will need to get the FSC entered buy coding whilst other suggests that i burn it to DVD and load. I’m really confused and as I have wrecked one unit so I’m nervous about fiddling without checking this out.

My car is an E90 335D 2007. The head unit is CCC professional. Can anyone help.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

You won't be able to do this on your own for sure. I would suggest giving these guys a call. FSC codes are not cheap

Bimmer-tech
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

So an FSC code is a way for BMW to charge you even more to use a part you've already paid for and installed?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
GenePoole
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

The CCC FSC codes are just a DVD supplied to the dealers with the diagnostic software. For some reason, they decided to piggy-back FSC onto the CCC firmware (which originally didn't need any codes).

I had the same problem. I managed to get a copy of the FSC DVD but I think it may only cover North American VINs. Post or PM me your VIN and I'll see if it's covered.

As far as updating the FSC, I had to use Progman32. I don't know if there is any other way to do it. I don't know if Progman will do it if your firmware daten is post V32.

Edit: also, did your new CCC get coded with your existing VIN, or does it have the VIN of the donor car?

Last edited by GenePoole; 05-20-2013 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post

Edit: also, did your new CCC get coded with your existing VIN, or does it have the VIN of the donor car?
Thats the key thing which OP should start with.
      05-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
theg00se
Private
England
Rep

When i had the head unit coded the coder explained that he was coping everything from the original vehicle file (it had a special name though) and was going to load it on to the new head unit. He also went to a Russian website and entered my Vin to get the original spec of the car. Sorry to be vague.

Am i right in thinking that the car needs coding with a vin number with a matching FSC code. If it has my original vin then i need to find the matching FSC and then get it coded. If it has the vin of the donor vehicle i need to get that vin (can i do this without a PC) and its matching FSC and again get that coded.
I'm fast thinking that i need to get a VIN, matching FSC and find a coder who know how to load them and not bother figuring out what my current setup has loaded.

Before i continue with this fix, can you list what functions are stopped by not having the FSC loaded. so far it appear to be voice recognition and audible front parking sensors

What do you think my best next steps should be?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theg00se View Post
When i had the head unit coded the coder explained that he was coping everything from the original vehicle file (it had a special name though) and was going to load it on to the new head unit. He also went to a Russian website and entered my Vin to get the original spec of the car. Sorry to be vague.

Am i right in thinking that the car needs coding with a vin number with a matching FSC code. If it has my original vin then i need to find the matching FSC and then get it coded. If it has the vin of the donor vehicle i need to get that vin (can i do this without a PC) and its matching FSC and again get that coded.
I'm fast thinking that i need to get a VIN, matching FSC and find a coder who know how to load them and not bother figuring out what my current setup has loaded.

Before i continue with this fix, can you list what functions are stopped by not having the FSC loaded. so far it appear to be voice recognition and audible front parking sensors

What do you think my best next steps should be?
There's only one FSC code for a CCC based iDrive and that's for Voice Recognition (FSC Application Number 02).

If you PM me the last 7 of your VIN, I can grab the repair bundle for your car which will contain the full FSC pack for re-activating the Voice Recognition.

However, you will need to make sure that the CCC is properly coded with your VIN number programmed into the unit (it's different than coding options, you need to write the VIN to the NVRAM in the unit) and then have someone load the FSC bundle into the car. You can't use an FSC code from the VIN programmed into the CCC unless you have some kind of emulator (the FSC validation routine checks the VIN in the CCC and the CAS/FRM and verifies they match, if not, it disables the feature).

This can be done with ISTA/P, Progman (if your car has never been touched by ISTA before), Autologic (which can be found all over England), or a knowledgeable coder with the proper tools.

Your issue with the PDC noises is purely a coding issue, the coder didn't code something right and it's broken the PDC sounds, there is no FSC for PDC on any iDrive model (CCC, CIC, NBT).
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
theg00se
Private
England
Rep

Wow. This sounds really complex.
Calling UK coders. Has any one done this before. Remember it's a CCC unit.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
theg00se
Private
England
Rep

i knew i should have fitted a CIC when i blow my CCC up. It seem coding CIC is more common and the FSC problem i have with my CCC is a simple fix. I know fitting a CIC is more involved but you get all the CCC and then some. Food for thought for anyone with CCC problems.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #10
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

If my CCC blows I would have for sure upgraded to CIC. I agree with your after thought.
Appreciate 0