E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Installing Motorized Hideaway Plates - Request

05-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
WRichieX
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
Installing Motorized Hideaway Plates - Request

Sorry guys if this is the wrong place to request for DIY's. New to the forum.

Anyone have a step by step guide on installing motorized hideaway plates? I always seem to get a ticket when parked in the city. I used to never have front plates but after multiple tickets I ended up just drilling into the bumper on my last car and just putting them on. However, I came across a youtube video for motorized hideaway plates and this is exactly what I need. Awesome solution since I hate the look of the front plate on the bumper. Any help would be appreciated. Also, anyone have better experience with one brand to another? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
sleepysvt98
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe

I know what you're saying as I just had to install my front plate yesterday. I went with the Godspeed "no holes" mount that goes into the tow-hook hole. Couldn't be happier!
Appreciate 0