E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Adaptive Headlights Turn Opposite of Steering Direction

04-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
cjbroom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sport Premium

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Adaptive Headlights Turn Opposite of Steering Direction

Long story short, my driver's side headlight went out, and it turned out that the Headlight Control Unit on that side had gone out. It was replaced, and now the adaptive headlights swivel in the direction opposite the steering direction (e.g. I steer left, headlights swivel right).

I am hoping this is simply a coding issue? I'm certain that the shop that replaced the HCU will correct the issue at no cost to me, but I just want to help the troubleshooting process so that I can go in there knowledgeable about the situation and give them a suggestion for resolution to minimize the time I am without my car.

Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
pweber84
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbroom View Post
Long story short, my driver's side headlight went out, and it turned out that the Headlight Control Unit on that side had gone out. It was replaced, and now the adaptive headlights swivel in the direction opposite the steering direction (e.g. I steer left, headlights swivel right).

I am hoping this is simply a coding issue? I'm certain that the shop that replaced the HCU will correct the issue at no cost to me, but I just want to help the troubleshooting process so that I can go in there knowledgeable about the situation and give them a suggestion for resolution to minimize the time I am without my car.

Any help would be appreciated.
It should cost you up to $20

They probably just have to recode your LSMC, that's all.

If you have OBD cable you could do it by yourslelf.
Appreciate 0