F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Just applied CQuartz
proTUNING Freaks

04-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335 M Sport

Just applied CQuartz

Just got done, and i'm exhausted. All in all, it took about 5.5 hours. The first 45 minutes was cleaning the car with the optimum no rinse wash & shine. I applied two coats. I did the two coats back to back per panel, because they claim that it is best to apply the second coat right after the first. I started with the hood, then the front bumper, then the roof, then trunk / rear, then quarter panels, then doors, then rockers. The front bumper was probably the hardest, since the m sport bumper has so many curves to it.

Application was quite easy, and it buffed out easily after a few minutes. It did have that sticky feeling, which made it a little hard to rub with the cloth. The cloth kept trying to get out of my hand, so to speak.

Since the car was only 3 days old, it was already relatively clean. The washing part was quite easy. I did not do the wheels. I used about 90% of the kit, and all 4 of the mini cloths for applying. I did not use the circular pads.

I'll post on Sunday or Monday how it looks and feels.
      04-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

You didn't decontaminate/clay or polish it first?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
You didn't decontaminate/clay or polish it first?
nope. I closely analyzed each panel and hit a few small spots with the clay bar, but there were only a few. I actually discovered around 6 paint defects, straight from the factory. There appears to be a very small spec of something that is embedded into the paint/clear coat, must have got in while it was in the paint section of the factory. There was obviously nothing I could do about those.

I did clay bar where I de-badged it. Looks nice now with a clean rear!