E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Oil on front bumper

04-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
supercoops27
Rep
Drives: 330d

Oil on front bumper

Hi, recently bought a 330d msport. Popped into the supermarket last night, parked forwards and the front went over the kerb. As I backed away, there was a noise to suggest I had obviously caught something. When I get back to my car tonight there is a little pool of oil under the front of the car, and I am assuming it is linked to my parking mis-hap. What do you guys think I have done? What's the likely cost of repair.
Thanks
Andy
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
danzo_m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I SE COUPE

Hi,

You may have caught a boost pipe, intercooler or even the sump. Is the car running ok, is there any signs of boost leaks??
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
supercoops27
Rep
Drives: 330d

Seems to be running fine
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

If your car is Auto, the gearbox oil runs through the radiator - you may have caught one of the hoses to the (although I would consider this unlikely)

In any case you MUST have a look to see where any oil is coming from. A quick repair may cost you hundreds. Leaving it may cost you thousands.
I would not even start the car until you know where the oil is coming from. Oil is the lifeblood of any engine - it lubricates and cools. Without it, or without the correct quantity, untold damage can result.

Don't want to frighten you. Well, maybe I do! Check it out - it can be costly if you don't.

Mike
Appreciate 0