F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Pro Nav iPod/Media Control "Random"
GetBMWParts

04-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #1
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Pro Nav iPod/Media Control "Random"

Morning all,

Something that used to annoy me about the version of MMI I had in my Audi was each time I started the car the iPod control would start up on the playlist I left it at, however it would default away from the "random" track setting.

Was hoping this would not be the case with the Pro Nav and the iPod connected and it seemed that was true - happy bunny.

However...maybe this is since I updated the software it seems to be acting like my Audi and defaulting away from "random" when I start it.

Anyone else know what theirs does - I guess for iPod or USB playlists if you have random selected does it stay random when you get back in?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #2
Rodders123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
Morning all,

Something that used to annoy me about the version of MMI I had in my Audi was each time I started the car the iPod control would start up on the playlist I left it at, however it would default away from the "random" track setting.

Was hoping this would not be the case with the Pro Nav and the iPod connected and it seemed that was true - happy bunny.

However...maybe this is since I updated the software it seems to be acting like my Audi and defaulting away from "random" when I start it.

Anyone else know what theirs does - I guess for iPod or USB playlists if you have random selected does it stay random when you get back in?
When using USB mine stays on random when getting back in the car....however whilst in the car, if I come out of multimedia then go back to it then it comes out of random which is a bit of a pain. Why can't it just stay on random after selecting it just like the music player on my android phone.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #3
jimboss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

i use USB stick and it stays in random permanently whether i flick between media or any other function. I have pro media (the updated unit that got introduced to all F31's) and F30's from nov 12 (i think this date is correct). Whether this makes any difference
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Videos and Audio on the USB Drive both keep the random setting on mine. The. iPhone through Bluetooth will play whatever the playlist is set to on the phone....

Not sure what it does when I connect the phone via USB though...
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders123 View Post
When using USB mine stays on random when getting back in the car....however whilst in the car, if I come out of multimedia then go back to it then it comes out of random which is a bit of a pain. Why can't it just stay on random after selecting it just like the music player on my android phone.
Maybe this is the same problem i'm facing. Further investigation required!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
Rodders123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
Maybe this is the same problem i'm facing. Further investigation required!
Checked mine again today...it does indeed stay on random permanently...think it only shows random (when you select the next track to be played) when the volume is turned on...if I mute it by pressing the radio knob then it will show the next track in the playlist and thats where I was getting confused.
Appreciate 0