E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > So, Chicago People, The BMW championship...

09-07-2007, 12:51 AM   #1
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

So, Chicago People, The BMW championship...

Anyone going? I guess there's a "preferred" lot where anyone in a Bimmer gets to park right next to the course. It looked like there were a number of cars there. I want pics! 8)

The commentators also mentioned a few golfers who drive the brand etc... Granted it's a sponsorship, so they may of been laying it on a little thick with that, but what do you expect? 8)

I may be there next year.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
kevkaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpinweiss 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
Anyone going? I guess there's a "preferred" lot where anyone in a Bimmer gets to park right next to the course. It looked like there were a number of cars there. I want pics! 8)

The commentators also mentioned a few golfers who drive the brand etc... Granted it's a sponsorship, so they may of been laying it on a little thick with that, but what do you expect? 8)

I may be there next year.

-BMW2006
I took up BMW's offer for some free tix, and the rockstar parking that came along with it was great... right across the street from the entrance. I didn't get any pics, there were a few hot rides there but mostly bimmers you see every day.

2009 E92 M3 - 7/3/09 ED, 8/17/09 redelivery
1997 E36 M3 - Track Rat
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevkaz View Post
I took up BMW's offer for some free tix, and the rockstar parking that came along with it was great... right across the street from the entrance. I didn't get any pics, there were a few hot rides there but mostly bimmers you see every day.
wait, its free for bimmer owners??
      09-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
kevkaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpinweiss 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcoupe View Post
wait, its free for bimmer owners??
About a month ago I got a phone call and an email from BMWNA offering me two free tix for any one of the four days. They also mentioned a BMW "preferred" parking lot which ended up being the best parking available. I think anyone with a BMW, whether you had free tix or not, was directed to this lot. I didn't have a coupon or anything to access it, the attendants just pointed me there.

I went on Friday. They were originally including clubhouse access but then upgraded us to the 18th hole tent access as we parked the car. It was kinda nice but I only spent a few minutes in the tent while waiting out the rain delay. While I love golf, I don't care much for attending PGA tournaments, but I went since it was free. Once the weather cleared, it was a great day to watch the tournament.

The BMW Champ. is moving to St Louis next year, so maybe if any of you live out that way you'll get offered free tix next year.

2009 E92 M3 - 7/3/09 ED, 8/17/09 redelivery
1997 E36 M3 - Track Rat
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Yeah, I got an email a while back from BMWNA offering 2 free tickets to the first 1000 people to call in and mention the promotion code.

I went on Thursday, it was great. The weather held up nicely, and the crowds were pretty small so I was able to follow Tiger pretty closely the entire round.

There were some nice cars in the preferred lot (99% stock), but I was the only e92 335 (slightly modded) in the lot when I left around 3.

Inside the grounds there was a really nice BMW gallery that had everything from an R32 and 2002ti to the current M5 and M6. You weren't allowed to bring camera/phones inside so no pictures

The BMW owner's lounge was nice as well, air-conditioned, plasmas, bar, plus the nicest portable bathrooms I have ever been in.

The tournament is getting moved to St. Louis next year b/c they are renovating Dubsdread and hope to have to it ready for opening day in 2009.

Great event, the rewards of ownership keep racking up

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0