E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > INPA #135 host communication error COM help

03-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

INPA #135 host communication error COM help

Ok guys- I'm a noob to coding and have been reading and trying things for hours. I just got a cable for my 2010 E90 335i. I followed the PDF instructions on here to get started and installed INPA, changed all kinds of computer settings and cannot get my computer to see my car. I am running a macbook with VMWare installed. I am running Windows 7 and made sure that the USB port is being seen by the windows side. It saw the cable, installed drivers and said it is all ready to go. I even get the red light from the cable by the OBD side. I think my issue is with the COM port. It defaults my COM port of the cable to COM6. I changed all of the COM 1 settings as suggested in the PDF. When I go to my port settings in device manager, it says that COM1-COM5 are in use, so it is automatically making my usb cable COM 6. I tried connecting like that and get a #135 host communication error and the software doesn't see the two black dots. So, I changed the setting on the USB to COM 1 to try to force it and my computer says that there may be a conflict with naming another port COM1. I have changed latency to 1 also. At this point, I am stuck. I read somewhere that I need to install BMW Standard Tools. So I just did that and it didn't change anything. I also disabled the Communication Port that is default COM1 so that my USB would be the only COM1 port and that didn't work. I know that all probably sounded like a bunch of gibberish, so I'm sorry. I just don't know what else to do now. I am so close but just need to change something simple. If there is anyone on here running a macbook with VMWare that is willing to help me with settings, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0