F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Help!
GetBMWParts

03-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Andys83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320i xdrive

Help!

Unfortunately my EBII f30 has a bump! 😞. Mrs took it to the supermarket and someone / something has nicked the passenger side rear corner of the bumper! It's prob the size of a 5p but it i know it's there, got the touch up pen, anyone any advice into how to make it "un noticeable!"

Please!! 😞
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys83 View Post
Unfortunately my EBII f30 has a bump! 😞. Mrs took it to the supermarket and someone / something has nicked the passenger side rear corner of the bumper! It's prob the size of a 5p but it i know it's there, got the touch up pen, anyone any advice into how to make it "un noticeable!"

Please!! 😞
Andy gutted for you I have had this twice and it is gut wrenching in Aberdeen they don't car I saw a guy at Asda at beach reverse into a car and the rear step had sliced through the bumper on other car he did not stop so we went after them and Go the number family it was lack of respect.
Post it up could it be pollished out by Detailer or is it worse and lacquer broken
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Total bummer people are sooo careless. Its just annoying. Even when I was driving a 15 year old mk3 fiesta I cherished it just like I do my bm
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Very annoying. I came out of a restaurant few years back to find someone had smashed in the rear qtr panel of my 1 week old Impeza WRX. They'd then left before I came out. Huge dent. Many people are shits.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 03:54 AM   #5
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Agree with the sentiments here - afraid to say the too many drivers are dishonest, selfish gits. Have also witnessed many car park incidents where the perpetrator has driven off. Even had a guy flatly drying he'd put a large dent in the door of my Soarer... until I told him I'd seen him do it as I was walking back across the car park. The poor bloke's wife was so embarrassed, she said "Come on, I saw you do it". Thing is, his was a company car so it wasn't even like he was going to suffer by admitting it. People...

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 04:26 AM   #6
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

This makes me even more determined to fit a car cam
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
From the description you'd need 2 to cover this as it hit the rear panel. And you'd have to hard wire them to be always powered.

I bought a Blackvue dr500gw-hd wifi last week. It seems pretty good but I haven't hard wired it (yet). I have it running to the socket under the glovebox. It only covers the front.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Unfortunately my EBII f30 has a bump! ��. Mrs took it to the supermarket and someone / something has nicked the passenger side rear corner of the bumper! It's prob the size of a 5p but it i know it's there, got the touch up pen, anyone any advice into how to make it "un noticeable!"

Please!! ��
Really feel for you. I had the same thing happen to my car's front bumper and in front of my house. It was a deep 2 inch scratch. Did not find the culprit. This was in January when we had the snow and 3-4 weeks into my ownership. Got it perfectly Smart Fixed by BMW. Cost £150. All the best getting it back to pristine condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
+1. Me too.
      04-02-2013, 03:56 AM   #9
Andys83
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Andy gutted for you I have had this twice and it is gut wrenching in Aberdeen they don't car I saw a guy at Asda at beach reverse into a car and the rear step had sliced through the bumper on other car he did not stop so we went after them and Go the number family it was lack of respect.
Post it up could it be pollished out by Detailer or is it worse and lacquer broken
I'm trying to upload one but I'm struggling! I'm pretty sure it's through the lacquer as its a black scuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #10
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
I'm trying to upload one but I'm struggling! I'm pretty sure it's through the lacquer as its a black scuff.
Try a bit of polish with abrasive start with milder first to see it is not bumper rubber forced onto top layer , worth a try for sure, if you wanted you are more than welcome to pop in past me and try a few polishes on hard foam pad to see if it removes any, and I take some good pics and post them up for help
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

I would check at your dealership first with the smart repair guys as I had my previous BMW fixed nicely without respraying the whole bumper. There's no respect sadly, more and more think I would have been better off with an older model not to worry about it all the time
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
Andys83
Private First Class
Rep

Derek thanks for the offer. A mate from work is into his detailing etc and I'm going to go with his advice, paint, laquer, then wet sand dry sand then polish! Hope it comes out fine, if I can get this blasted thing to worse ill put up a before and after, it's definitely not bumper plastic :-(
Appreciate 0