F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Inbound - 320d xDrive M Sport
ARMA SPEED

03-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive M Sport

Inbound - 320d xDrive M Sport

Initial pictures from when I picked her up at the dealer earlier today.

Doesn't look like a moon buggy unless you're kneeling by the wheel arches (gap does look bigger compared to a RWD M Sport) but overall very happy with it. Delivered on Pirelli P Zero RFTs

Will post more shortly.

HK is good, need to tweak settings, 8AT is very good (especially in sport mode, always on the power), no snow on the road today so can't do a full "xDrive in the snow" review unfortunately but it certainly kept it planted when on roundabouts etc.

The best thing though, was the high beam assist / adaptive headlights as part of the Vis Pack - (if you haven't seen this youtube video
) it was unbelievable! I was following a car home this evening and when it starts cutting out sections of light to avoid dazzling the car in front and oncoming traffic - well, it blew my mind! So cool in real life - works just like in the video, very impressed.

DO NOT ORDER AN F30 WITHOUT THE VIS PACK!

Prof Nav is good too - I like the traffic features on it - but early days to fully review.

I haven't seen many people spec the Lumbar support option but for someone who has the occasional bad back I did, and glad I did too - it's very supportive, great in combination with the heated seats.

Anyway, there's some really cool new features on it compared to the E90 so i'm sure those who have theirs on order / are collecting soon will enjoy!

C
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjohal View Post
Initial pictures from when I picked her up at the dealer earlier today.

Doesn't look like a moon buggy unless you're kneeling by the wheel arches (gap does look bigger compared to a RWD M Sport) but overall very happy with it. Delivered on Pirelli P Zero RFTs

Will post more shortly.

HK is good, need to tweak settings, 8AT is very good (especially in sport mode, always on the power), no snow on the road today so can't do a full "xDrive in the snow" review unfortunately but it certainly kept it planted when on roundabouts etc.

The best thing though, was the high beam assist / adaptive headlights as part of the Vis Pack - (if you haven't seen this youtube video
) it was unbelievable! I was following a car home this evening and when it starts cutting out sections of light to avoid dazzling the car in front and oncoming traffic - well, it blew my mind! So cool in real life - works just like in the video, very impressed.

DO NOT ORDER AN F30 WITHOUT THE VIS PACK!

Prof Nav is good too - I like the traffic features on it - but early days to fully review.

I haven't seen many people spec the Lumbar support option but for someone who has the occasional bad back I did, and glad I did too - it's very supportive, great in combination with the heated seats.

Anyway, there's some really cool new features on it compared to the E90 so i'm sure those who have theirs on order / are collecting soon will enjoy!

C
Congrats looking very nice exciting I have to wait till May but its let me get time to add stuff I missed
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 03:30 AM   #3
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Congrats looking very nice exciting I have to wait till May but its let me get time to add stuff I missed
Blessing in disguise!
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Hey, there is a twin of your car in the 2nd pic!
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 04:48 AM   #5
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Great, hope you enjoy, i'm loving my 320i xDrive almost 700 miles in.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
Banksy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

V nice. How is the handling without the M Sport suspension, noticeably more body roll/pitch?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
V nice. How is the handling without the M Sport suspension, noticeably more body roll/pitch?
Thought M Sport xDrives still had M Sport suspension, just +10mm ride height???
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Banksy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
D.

Dealer has confirmed what you say as correct i.e NO sports suspension in xdrive. Told him I was quite annoyed that I had to learn this from the forum. Still not sure what to think now.
Apparently not, i raised the issue on a thread a few weeks ago as I'd heard conflicting reports. Dealers now confirming that there is no MSport Suspension on the Xdrives, hence no 'delete MSport' option in the configurator. Same price premium for the Msport over the other variants, which doesn't seem right.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Apparently not, i raised the issue on a thread a few weeks ago as I'd heard conflicting reports. Dealers now confirming that there is no MSport Suspension on the Xdrives, hence no 'delete MSport' option in the configurator. Same price premium for the Msport over the other variants, which doesn't seem right.
Maybe they all have xDrive suspension then? i.e. Different to M Sport and normal lines?

Regarding price, the M Sport is higher cost due to the trim level, not the suspension. Suspension would have similar cost point to others, just sportier tune, so can understand the same pricing level gap on xDrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Nice car. Congrats. Looks v nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: F31 320d M Sp. xDrive

Very nice indeed.
I think that the black and white looks sharp, but then I would say that...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Quote:
Yep your spot on. Xdrive does not have MSport suspension due the xdrive set up.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #13
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196 View Post
Lovely car, glad to see people getting xdrive. Hopefully this means we will get more engines with xdrive! However...

The video you posted shows the technology associated with the LED headlights not the xenon's with visibility package. The xenon headlights unfortunately can't do the same as the LED's in the video
I thought it said that the Xenon's on the F30/F31 DO have exactly the same functionality as the LED's in that video. I certainly know that it's like November the 5th when I have them activated on mine!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Hey, there is a twin of your car in the 2nd pic!
Haha I know! I hardly noticed it on the day due to mine sitting there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
Great, hope you enjoy, i'm loving my 320i xDrive almost 700 miles in.
Thanks, i'm about 400 miles in now and enjoying it so far

Quote:
Well compared to my E90 there is slightly more roll but it still corners and handles well, I'm sure some more expert members of the forum would possibly argue that what it lacks in M Sport Suspension, it makes up for in xDrive in terms of the front wheels also driving the car round the corner as well as the rears.

I'm not sure if the xDrive suspension is just the normal SE suspension - perhaps its still an M Sport suspension +10mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolight View Post
Nice car. Congrats. Looks v nice.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan172 View Post
Very nice indeed.
I think that the black and white looks sharp, but then I would say that...
Haha thanks! I really like your F31 - I need to get a hold of the black kidney grilles after seeing it on your photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196 View Post
Lovely car, glad to see people getting xdrive.
Hopefully this means we will get more engines with xdrive! However...
The video you posted shows the technology associated with the LED headlights not the xenon's with visibility package. The xenon headlights unfortunately can't do the same as the LED's in the video
I can confirm that the F30 with the Visibility Pack (well, certainly the one I have) does everything in that video. I think the only difference is that there's no "BMW Adaptive LED" denotation on the side of the headlight cluster.
I also thought there would be a difference between the adaptive LEDs and the Xenons with the Vis pack - but honestly there isn't and i'm happy about that.

C
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #15
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_hall View Post
..........I can confirm that the F30 with the Visibility Pack (well, certainly the one I have) does everything in that video. I think the only difference is that there's no "BMW Adaptive LED" denotation on the side of the headlight cluster.
I also thought there would be a difference between the adaptive LEDs and the Xenons with the Vis pack - but honestly there isn't and i'm happy about that.

C
I'm well familiar with BMW's LED adaptives, and can tell you that the F30 Xenon Adaptive is way ahead of the LED's. So you definitely have the best lighting package BMW offer right now
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #16
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I'm well familiar with BMW's LED adaptives, and can tell you that the F30 Xenon Adaptive is way ahead of the LED's. So you definitely have the best lighting package BMW offer right now
Appreciate 0