E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Need help!

09-04-2007, 04:34 AM   #1
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

Need help!

My 2006 e90 330i is falling apart! Which dealers in Seattle do you guys recommend? I am a Boston transplant and have never taken my car in for service in the NW.

I need a place that is close to Lynnwood and gives loaner cars.

my problems:

-loud ticking sound from engine when idling
-brakes "grinding" to a stop and sometimes not grabbing all the way
-car jerks into gear from R to D (yeah, its an auto..sue me :P )
-suspension feels loose when going over bumps (I have the sports supsension but it rattles when I go over bumps)
-door locks make loud "whirring" noise when locking/unlocking.

to date....car has 8600 miles on it.
      09-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Welcome to WA!

I can't really give you an help on your request, because I have not yet used any of the service departments around here. But, i bought my car from BMW of Bellevue, so that is where I'll likely go.

As for dealers, you really only have two choices, BMW of Bellevue and BMW of Seattle. The third dealer, BMW Northwest, is way down in Fife. From Lynnwood, that is a LONG way....

For independent shops, there is Eastside Bavarian and Strictly BMW. I don't know of any shops near Lynnwood specifically, and I don't know about their loaner car policies.

Since it seems that these things are hopefully warranty related, I'd try one of the BMW dealers first.

Good luck!
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

I'm a fan of BMW Seattle... They haven't steered me wrong yet. It's an old building, kinda creepy looking but they are going to be moving next I believe to new building.

Anyway, sorry to hear you are having so many troubles with your BMW. Maybe it's telling you to take it back to the East Coast? Might just be that your ECU's clocking is still set to East Coast Time.
      09-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
I'm a fan of BMW Seattle... They haven't steered me wrong yet. It's an old building, kinda creepy looking but they are going to be moving next I believe to new building.

Anyway, sorry to hear you are having so many troubles with your BMW. Maybe it's telling you to take it back to the East Coast? Might just be that your ECU's clocking is still set to East Coast Time.
either that or its God telling me to get rid of it.....

and get the 335 :