E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Turbo is shot

03-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
importmodz
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i

Hey guys so my turbo is shot and fortunately I am covered under CPO but I was wondering if I can get some insight. I just got my walnut shell blasting service done thanks to Helix ! So one day I decided to go WOT on an interstate and all of a sudden I felt no boost at all and the CEL light came on with a code of 30FF. So I got out of the car and checked everything to make sure nothing was loose. Once I got home I decided to take my charge pipe and noticed a bunch of oil in that pipe which is unusually more than it should have. After checking all vacuum lines and intercooler to charge pipe connection, everything seems good. So I decided to make an appointment to go to BMW and just found out today my turbos are gone and they will be replacing both under CPO warranty (thank god). So my final question is basically my recent walnut shell blasting service gone to waste because of the excessive amount of oil traveling through the chargepipe due to maybe a turbo seal leak? If so should I demand BMW to do the intake valve cleaning as well because of that?

Any insights will be appreciated
Appreciate 0