E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Logic 7 upgrade

03-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Stevese90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ed

Logic 7 upgrade

Hi guys just wanted some clarification regarding logic 7 speakers I bought a complete m sport interior recently and was about to fit into my car in the next few days and looked at the door cards and lucky me got logic 7 mids and speakers for the parcel shelf included in the deal I also have the logic 7 subs available to buy. Just a few questions are they plug and play and would they need amplifying without the subs. If I want the subs would I need to amplify and would I need some sort of amp. I'm also tempted to do the tweeters. How much do you think I will be looking for the tweeters and amp and where could I buy the necessary wiring for the system. Also which amp should I be looking at on a budget. Cheers for any help
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

L7 speakers / subs are defo improvment over base system.
Base system speakers are 15W each, whereas L7 speaker are rated 40W.
Underseats of L7 can take 70W.

Now if you think that base stereo can power L7 speakers and sub, then thats wrong.
Its like fitting micra's engine in 335i.

You'd require
Harness (contact Mr. Singh)
amplifier (ideally JL 600/6)
And speaker / subs
installer

HTH.
      03-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Stevese90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ed

Cheers Makkan like usual excellent advice will definitely look into it as don't mind spend a few £££ as I already have majority of the speakers just need to get hold of a amp now should be on my way. A good mate if mine does audio installs so wouldn't charge me much so need to look out for a amp.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
r11co
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
You'd require
And speaker / subs
Sorry to thread hijack, but I'm wanting to upgrade what I think must be the base spec audio in my 330i SE. No tweeters in the doors - just the 4" rounds, 4" pair on parcel shelf and the 6.5" subs under the seats.

I have done a few installs in my time but I'm coming to the BMW green. Would like to change the speakers for something better - either Logic 7 or something aftermarket that will fit.

I've also got a nice Alpine V12 MRV-F300 old school 4 channel amp that I'd like to connect up to the system to power them.

From what I've read so far I'd need to be coding the HU for 'hifi' mode to get a flat response from it. Can it also be set up to give out line level signals?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Tyso335
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
L7 speakers / subs are defo improvment over base system.
Base system speakers are 15W each, whereas L7 speaker are rated 40W.
Underseats of L7 can take 70W.

Now if you think that base stereo can power L7 speakers and sub, then thats wrong.
Its like fitting micra's engine in 335i.

You'd require
And speaker / subs
installer

HTH.
i just wana give you my car and money and you sort my sounds haha

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Efficiently dynamic
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport 2013 estoril blue

Hi I'm new to this forum and am keen to upgrade my base system. So far i have added L7 tweeters and upgraded the door mids to better ones, though still from the dealer (mistake i now realise).
Can someone confirm if the under seat subs in the base system are different to the L7 subs please?
If so what is the power output difference and how much does the dealer charge for L7 subs? With a decent amp would I still be able to get reasonable output from the base subs as at the moment I can barely hear them
Thanks in advance,
Gaz
Appreciate 0