E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > .....and so the plot thickens!!

03-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
jb84
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Previously; 2008 E90 M3 DCT

.....and so the plot thickens!!

Going to keep this as short and sweet as I can.

I have: 2006 E90 Pre-LCI 325i with base audio system (or so I think), which consistes of OEM "Professional" head unit, front door, under seat and rear deck speakers.

Previously: a previous owner has upgraded the rear deck speakers and tried to set up some kind of bluetooth connectivity (as there was some unnecessary wiring behind the head unit (or so the CD player repair man told me)). Head unit wiring all sorted and back to standard now.

I'm trying to: upgrade the system slightly just to improve the quality of the sound. Nothing too major.

I've found: that someone has tampered with the wiring at the back of the car. There is a crate where the amplifier would sit but no amp. Furthermore, there is some wiring (some of the same collection of wiring I recognise from behind the head unit) that comes to an abrupt halt right about where the amp would sit but is attached to nothing?! There has also been some tampering with the speaker cabling for the rear deck speakers. See attached photos for clarification.

Question: Given the wiring from the head unit that leads to nothing, the altered wiring for the rear deck speakers and the professional head unit, do you think this system should have an amp?? Or is that wiring in the boot for a cd changer?

Any thoughts appreciated. Trying to get to the bottom of this is proving difficult!!

Cheers.
Attached Images

03-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

That's a CD changer bracket and a MOST optical connector for the changer. Not sure about the speaker wires, could have been hooked up to an aftermarket amp but that makes little sense.