BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

08-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Got a call from the dealer today

The dealer called me today and said that since some people dropped off the M3 List, I am in a position to order my car and recieve it in Feb 08.

Too bad I won't be doing that ..... I have only had my 330 for a year and also a winter delivery in Northern Alberta (-40 degrees Celcius and snow) would be stupid.

They told me that my position will be held at the top of the list but they want me to give 3-4 months notice before I want to order my car. That way it will give them time to get my allocation in there without messing up all the rest of the people on the list.

Although I may not be getting the car now it sure feels good knowing that I can order whenever I want......... May'be next summer!!??
      08-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

heheheh yeah, MAYBE BE
      08-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
heheheh yeah, MAYBE BE

I am not quite sure what you mean by this?

Anyhow, Canada is getting their first allocations as we speak (December 07 Production) and I am now in a #2 position at Edmonton BMW if I wanted to exercise it.

Too bad it came up this fast...... I put my $1K down last October and I was #8 which would have given me a mid to late 08 delivery. This is just too fast for me and i would lose my shirt on my leased 330. I think I may wait for an M3 Sedan but I am not sure...... You never know I may just be enticed to pull the trigger and get a Coupe next summer.

Jamie
      08-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
arbitrage
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe

Hey Jamie,

I remember your posts from way back when we were looking into getting the new coupe. I see you got a 330i instead and are now waiting on the M3. Do you have any idea how long the M3 list is at Edmonton BMW and when they expect deliveries? I will be wanting to get on the list some time, the M3 is the only car worthy of replacing my 335, my lease ain't over till 2009 but they can easily swap it for an M3 lease, maybe in '08. I'm just worried how bad the demand will be and how far ahead I'd have to tell them to get one in '08 or '09. If you have any info let me know.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #5
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I am not quite sure what you mean by this?

Anyhow, Canada is getting their first allocations as we speak (December 07 Production) and I am now in a #2 position at Edmonton BMW if I wanted to exercise it.

Too bad it came up this fast...... I put my $1K down last October and I was #8 which would have given me a mid to late 08 delivery. This is just too fast for me and i would lose my shirt on my leased 330. I think I may wait for an M3 Sedan but I am not sure...... You never know I may just be enticed to pull the trigger and get a Coupe next summer.

Jamie
I would definitely wait for the sedan (fall of 08') IMHO.........
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
Hey Jamie,

I remember your posts from way back when we were looking into getting the new coupe. I see you got a 330i instead and are now waiting on the M3. Do you have any idea how long the M3 list is at Edmonton BMW and when they expect deliveries? I will be wanting to get on the list some time, the M3 is the only car worthy of replacing my 335, my lease ain't over till 2009 but they can easily swap it for an M3 lease, maybe in '08. I'm just worried how bad the demand will be and how far ahead I'd have to tell them to get one in '08 or '09. If you have any info let me know.

Thanks
I saw the waiting list yesterday when I was at the dealer( I always stop in when I go to the city). It is approximately 12 people long and I am sitting at #4 now. The first two cars are actually ordered and they are expected in around Feb 08'. The reason that I put my money down so quickly was the list was considerably longer and I was at like #8 or #9 at the time (The dealer was not sure when production would start). Basically I was trying to secure a position for when my car comes off of lease in Sept 09'. Since then quite a few people have dropped off of the list so I have moved up. Anyhow, we have an understanding that I can hold my position until I want an M3 (the next guy in line will get bumped past me) I just have to give them 3-4 months notice.

As for you getting a spot on the list I'd say that you should call Shane Bolle and see what he has to say to you. He has been very good to deal with whenever I have had any concerns or questions.

Good Luck
      08-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #7
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
I am waiting for the saloon as well. The waiting list seems to indicate that there are a lot of people waiting for the saloon as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 05:07 AM   #8
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chonko View Post
I am waiting for the saloon as well. The waiting list seems to indicate that there are a lot of people waiting for the saloon as well.
Yeah I am pretty sure I want a Sedan as do you guys........ Once I see some pictures of the sedan without cammo and black wheels I'll make up my mind for sure.