F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Auto unlock when engines is shutdown
GetBMWParts

11-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Auto unlock when engines is shutdown

I had my idrive reflashed as a result of warranty work. Now my car doesn't automatically unlock wen I turn the engine off. Does anyone know how to configure this? Or do I need to go back in again?

I hate it when I get the car back with new problems! I expect more!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLatte View Post
Or do I need to go back in again?
Yes. The changes are probably factory default and as you know, different countries have different settings. Call the dealer to arrange the change back to how you had it when new.

Out of curiosity and general F30 knowledge, what was your car's problem to warrant a re-flash?

Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Out of curiosity and general F30 knowledge, what was your car's problem to warrant a re-flash?
Cheers
As I have comfort access, my boot lid is meant to fully open when I kick under the bumper - it only do it occassionally.

For some reason they think flashing iDrive would fix it...

Any how, I think the real reason they flashed iDrive was because of an issue with the wiper module... they apparently have a campaign to update this. The wiper module can over heat with the existing software... This wasn't what I went in for but they do it by each time as the car is dropped in...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Only when thousands of cars are on the roads, being used day to day, do the real issues of mass production come to the forefront.

Ok, so I will put my hand up for 2 small issues with my car. The passengers side rear red reflector just above the tailpipe has dropped off somewhere. No sign of forced removal. Waiting for the part to come from Germany.

When I hold the steering wheel truly straight on a flat road like middle lane of Nepean Hwy, Brighton, the car drifts to the left. It is literally only one degree or so, but if the alignment is out, it is out.

Will have these attended to once the part arrives.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Yeah I've got two small issues as well

Annoying rattle in centre headliner light... drive on a slight undulating road and you hear it.

One of the rear doors won't shut properly, and offers some resistance to open when pulling the handle.
Appreciate 0