2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums CANADA Who doesnt have SPORT PROFILE option in IDRIVE??

10-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Ballzilla
Tommy Boy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340 Msport XDrive

Who doesnt have SPORT PROFILE option in IDRIVE??

Hey Guys,

For those that only have the M SPORT option, do you have the"Sport Profile" option in the IDRIVE to change drivetrain and/or chassis?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

Yes
      10-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
Yes too (two).
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Fa5
Rep
Drives: 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzilla View Post
Hey Guys,

For those that only have the M SPORT option, do you have the"Sport Profile" option in the IDRIVE to change drivetrain and/or chassis?

Thanks
I got exactly same car and year model. But I don't see any Sport Profile option in the IDRIVE to change drivetrain and chassis.

There is a switch on left hand side of transmission selector indicate "Sport and Comfort" mode which you can have Comfort, Sport or Sport+. But I can"t see any option on IDRIVE.

Is it something I have missing?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
I just checked. Using iDrive, I selected, in order, the following:
- Menu
- Settings
- Driving Mode
- Configure Sport

Under Configure Sport, I have the option of selecting Chassis, Drivetrain, or Chassis & Drivetrain (default).

Of particular note - I have the combination of Dynamic Damping Control (DDC) and the Active Roll Stabilization (ARS) on my 2013 535xi. On the 2012, you could order the DDC as a $2000 option. If your car does not have DDC, then it is quite possible that you cannot configure Sport Mode as there is nothing to configure with respect to the chassis and therefore only the drivetrain could be changed - no point in turning this on or off via iDrive as this gets done by the act of selecting sport mode with the switch to the left of the gear selector in the first place. The drivetrain does certainly change mode when you switch into the sport mode of the transmission by moving the gear selector to the left, as the shift points allow the motor to rev higher (when still letting the transmission decide to shift) and throttle response also changes. Cars without DDC should still have the switch to the left of the gear selector - but using it will not change the chassis settings - only shift points and throttle response.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Ballzilla
Tommy Boy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340 Msport XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa5 View Post
I got exactly same car and year model. But I don't see any Sport Profile option in the IDRIVE to change drivetrain and chassis.

There is a switch on left hand side of transmission selector indicate "Sport and Comfort" mode which you can have Comfort, Sport or Sport+. But I can"t see any option on IDRIVE.

Is it something I have missing?

Thanks
GO TO:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/navigation/pia.html

To edit your profile.

After upload your profile, then go to settings->transmission and technology, then you will see 3 options for "sport mode":

Drivetrain, Chassis and Drivetrain & Chassis

You can just select Chassis.

After download the file into the USB and import it back to your car then you can see in the idrive that when you select "Sport mode", it only highlight the chassis part.

This allows me to leave transmission in Comfort while Chassis is in Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
Fa5
Rep
Drives: 550xi

Thanks for the great help!
Appreciate 0