E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Eibach Pro-kit and Koni FSD... Track Use

07-26-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
BMWdrmz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Eibach Pro-kit and Koni FSD... Track Use

Ok. My wife iand I are expecting our first child in about 12 weeks and she has put the kibash on uneccessary purchases in preparation for the new addition, i.e. my mod addiction... actually just my mod addiction. As such I will not be able to get a set of coil overs as planned. Since my birthday is coming up I have one less shot to upgrade the suspension with in reason. I wanted to get something a bit "sportier" than the stock sport suspension for better performance for track days but did not want to really sacrifice ride quality/ comfort. I was thinking the Eibach Prokit and Koni FSD package plus a pair of Stage 1 KMAC Front Camber/Caster Plates. Has anyone had any experience with this set up on track? If so, how does it compare to the stock sport suspension. I know there are a lot of reviews in on Eibach Pro-kit/ Koni FSD compared to stock compared to the Koni yellows and H&R, but none of the reviews address the performance on the track. Any feedback would be appreciated relative to track day durability/ performance.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
ToddPhilly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

I second this question...thinking about the same thing.
      07-28-2007, 01:18 AM   #3
kujo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have the PK/FSD set up.
I have not tracked the car yet, but I have canyon runs around my house that would put all, but the 'Ring, to shame.
BMW tests cars, including the new M3 on routes I take. I know, I've run with them and almost went to work for them.

Most of my track days are in my KART, so I'm used to NO suspension......
;-)

Car handles amazingly with this package.

To keep a somewhat 'liveable' dailing ride comfort, but have a good handling ride, I think this is the best comproise.

Obviously, it's not a fully set up, set of CO's, but that's the trade off.

I'll have her out at CA Speedway in Oct and I have NOOOOO worries about this set up on track.

I think sways will help it just a bit more at the track, but unless you're doing 12-15 track days a year, this is a great set up to live with day in and day out.

kj
Appreciate 0