F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Need help install painted reflectors on M-Sport
Studio RSR

08-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Serenitygal3
Formerly bmwluvr3 on e90post.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport

Need help install painted reflectors on M-Sport

Hi guys,

I wanted to install my reflectors today that I got from ********** but once I unscrewed the panel, there were wires everywhere for the camera and sensor and I don't there is no way that I can put my hand through to pry off the orange reflectors....and I have small hands.

Do I have to unplug these wires? How do I do that? Is there any other ways to install these reflectors? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!
Attached Images

AT with Shift Paddles - AW/Black Dakota Leather/Hexagon Aluminum with High Gloss Black Trim - Cold Weather Package - Premium Package - Driver Assistance Package - Driver Assistance Plus - Dynamic Handling Package - Technology Package - Parking Assistant - Harman Kardon Surround Sound System.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Serenitygal3
United_States
Rep

Is there anyone that can give me some pointers? I would like to install them today but don't know how!!
AT with Shift Paddles - AW/Black Dakota Leather/Hexagon Aluminum with High Gloss Black Trim - Cold Weather Package - Premium Package - Driver Assistance Package - Driver Assistance Plus - Dynamic Handling Package - Technology Package - Parking Assistant - Harman Kardon Surround Sound System.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenitygal3 View Post
Is there anyone that can give me some pointers? I would like to install them today but don't know how!!
Try this!

You may also need to remove the sensors to get to that reflector, clearances look pretty tight.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730082
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
Serenitygal3
United_States
Rep

I saw the DIY but I don't know how to remove the sensors. Is there a DIY for that?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenitygal3 View Post
I saw the DIY but I don't know how to remove the sensors. Is there a DIY for that?

You can just unclip the wire harness from the sensor and camera. the push tabs can be seen in your pics posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
agint
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

just installed mine yesterday and had the same problem but i didn't need to unplug the harness. you can work around the sensors, it's just tough to get leverage on the original reflector. use a flat heat screw driver to pry the top of the reflector back and then you should be able to pull the rest back just with your hand. once the original is out, the sensors won't get in your way and the rest is cake. good luck!
Appreciate 0