E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > A fair deal??

11-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
lumbergh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

A fair deal??

I picked up an 06 325i Titanium Silver/Premium/Xenon/Sat Prep with 1500 miles for 32.5k.

It did have some scratches on the bottom of the front lip, nothing easily seen. The plastic spare key is also missing.

I can't seem to find many of these used for sale. Does this sound like a fair deal or should I have gone new for a similar price? I did not shop around to see what I could get a new one for because it would have been sold to someone else and I needed to make a quick decision. I was given first option on it. I still don't know what I could've gotten it for new. The sticker was a little over 36k.

If I saved a grand I'm happy but I'm not sure if I did that.

I'm in Houston TX

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #2
petesamprs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

What is exact invoice / MSRP on the car? I wouldn't have even considered it unless it was priced below invoice, since you could have probably gotten a brand new one for 1000 over invoice if you shopped around. Looks like you got a discount to invoice, but not much.

Plus you have no idea how the car was broken in.

Retired: '08 M5, '08 550i (ED), '06 330i
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2005, 10:29 PM   #3
dubroz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

invoice is:

base - 28300
paint - 430
sat prep - 70
xenon - 730
Premium - 2640
Destination - 695
MACO -350 (if you don't feel like turning red in the face arguing)

TOTAL = 33215

You paid $715 under invoice!!! I'd say that is pretty damn good and you saved about $2k.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2005, 11:36 PM   #4
itznin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubroz
invoice is:

base - 28300
paint - 430
sat prep - 70
xenon - 730
Premium - 2640
Destination - 695
MACO -350 (if you don't feel like turning red in the face arguing)

TOTAL = 33215

You paid $715 under invoice!!! I'd say that is pretty damn good and you saved about $2k.
it's an average deal, you can pay $1000 over invoice at any dealer if you have good credit and a nice downpayment ready to make a move.

so basically I consider it $1715 saved which is easily the cost of driving off the lot + 1500 miles = decent deal
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #5
lumbergh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Thanks a lot guys. That tells me what kind of a deal it was at least. I was trying to save a little money any where I could because I drive 140 miles a day round trip commute for work so the miles and depreciation rack up quick. I knew it wasn't a stellar deal but again, if I was able to save a grand or more it is worth it because this car will last me about 3yrs so any money I save now pays off in the end. I also don't have a tremendous amount of time to shop dealerships or used, this deal was extremely convenient. There was no haggling because this was done through a friend, it was a take or leave it kind of thing because he already had a bid for it at that price. I was also able to sell my Tahoe to the auction and get trade-in credit for taxes. The dealer wouldn't have made that so easy without much negotiation. If I saved about $1715 I'm real happy. If I was going to baby this car or if it was an M3 I think I would've gone for the new one just so i would have been the only owner, but this is truly a commuting car/nice car to drive on the weekends too.

The info you provided was great because I really didn't do a lot of research on this before buying and wasn't sure if I achieved any savings. The convenience is actually why I did it. I just knew the car looked and drove nice compared to some other cars for the same amount of money, which was $32,500.

I found the original sticker.

$30,300 Base MSRP
$ 475 Paint
$ 2,900 Premium
$ 1,275 Auto
$ 800 Xenons
$ 75 Sat Prep
$ 695 Destination
$36,520 Total Suggessted Retail Price

Plus the B.S. $350 fee I would have paid at the dealer because I wouldn't have wanted to argue for 2 hours

Dubroz,

It really looks like you know your invoice prices...Thanks!

Do you know what adding the auto does to invoice?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2005, 08:51 AM   #6
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh
Thanks a lot guys. That tells me what kind of a deal it was at least. I was trying to save a little money any where I could because I drive 140 miles a day round trip commute for work so the miles and depreciation rack up quick. I knew it wasn't a stellar deal but again, if I was able to save a grand or more it is worth it because this car will last me about 3yrs so any money I save now pays off in the end. I also don't have a tremendous amount of time to shop dealerships or used, this deal was extremely convenient. There was no haggling because this was done through a friend, it was a take or leave it kind of thing because he already had a bid for it at that price. I was also able to sell my Tahoe to the auction and get trade-in credit for taxes. The dealer wouldn't have made that so easy without much negotiation. If I saved about $1715 I'm real happy. If I was going to baby this car or if it was an M3 I think I would've gone for the new one just so i would have been the only owner, but this is truly a commuting car/nice car to drive on the weekends too.

The info you provided was great because I really didn't do a lot of research on this before buying and wasn't sure if I achieved any savings. The convenience is actually why I did it. I just knew the car looked and drove nice compared to some other cars for the same amount of money, which was $32,500.

I found the original sticker.

$30,300 Base MSRP
$ 475 Paint
$ 2,900 Premium
$ 1,275 Auto
$ 800 Xenons
$ 75 Sat Prep
$ 695 Destination
$36,520 Total Suggessted Retail Price

Plus the B.S. $350 fee I would have paid at the dealer because I wouldn't have wanted to argue for 2 hours

Dubroz,

It really looks like you know your invoice prices...Thanks!

Do you know what adding the auto does to invoice?
You can find the invoice prices here - http://www.e90post.com/goodiesforyou/sept1pricing.pdf

Looks like adding auto transmission adds $1275 (invoice).
Appreciate 0