M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

08-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
acedaking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M5, 10 M6, 13 M5, 14' M6-CP

Message I got from my dealer regarding my M5

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for -------. Unfortunately, this production number (3966550) is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until approvals are received and all holds are removed. It will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

Thank you for your patience!

BMW Performance Center Delivery Team
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by acedaking View Post
Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for -------. Unfortunately, this production number (3966550) is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until approvals are received and all holds are removed. It will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

Thank you for your patience!

BMW Performance Center Delivery Team
As an FYI - this happened last year on several models, and as a consequence the PCD team got backed up with the result that some people only got an appointment date that was up to 6 weeks after VPC clearance.

I don't know the supply demand situation right now, but this should be a concern. I know the 535i is subject to the same hold.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Trips
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jeep srt

Well that's good to hear the reason behind the delay and looks like they are working on it. Can't be much longer. And for those that can't seem to wait, there it is, submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

I received the same notice and elected to cancel PC delivery.

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
acedaking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M5, 10 M6, 13 M5, 14' M6-CP

why are they now holding the cars in europe. everyone else's cars are at their respective ports, no?
Appreciate 0