E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > *RESOLVED* These errors after installing amp, can anyone help me out?

08-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
ibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM 335xi e90 LCI M-Sport

*RESOLVED* These errors after installing amp, can anyone help me out?

I just installed an Arc Audio amp today from VP and upon startup got the following errors:

1. Chassis stabilization malfunction
2. Start-off assistance inactive

I did a search and couldn't find much related to an amp install. Can any electronic guru out there help me out? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

***EDIT - RESOLVED***mods feel free to delete

I read on one of the threads that someone's battery died so he had to get a jump. He also had the "start-off assistance inactive" error but it went away after driving a few feet. I figured it was a long shot since my battery has shown no signs of issues (*fingers crossed*), but might as well give it a try. Lo and behold, both errors went away after no more than 20 feet of driving. Apparently I must have encountered an electrical issue during my amp install. What bugs me is that I took the negative off, secured it in a ziplock bag, AND covered it with a towel prior to wiring the amp.

Either way, I'm happy and my system sounds way better than stock HIFI. Thanks VP (Ken)! The only thing I feel inclined to do is to purchase the fused-link connector and housing to replace the ring terminal currently on the 12V power.
COBB Stage 2+ | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | ER FMIC & CP | Tial Q | Injen CAI | VRSF DP | BMS OCC | KW V3 | M3 Rear SFB / Sway Bar / Susp Bits / Strut Brace | Megan Racing Toe Arms | HPA Swaybar Endlinks | Apex EC-7 | Michelin PSS | MH 75mm Stud Conv | OEM Perf Grills and Diffuser | Exotics Tuning Front Lip | LUX H8 | Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow | LLumar 35%

Last edited by ibo; 08-10-2012 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
triger716
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 335i E90

I believe what you experienced always happens on the xi models when you disconnect the battery. So rest assured that most likely their were no electrical issues when you installed the amp and it was just disconnecting the negative terminal that made the errors appear, which I have read always disappear after a short drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
ibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM 335xi e90 LCI M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by triger716 View Post
I believe what you experienced always happens on the xi models when you disconnect the battery. So rest assured that most likely their were no electrical issues when you installed the amp and it was just disconnecting the negative terminal that made the errors appear, which I have read always disappear after a short drive.
Thanks a lot for the assurance. I actually spoke to a local mechanic who specializes in German cars and he confirms exactly what you said. I guess I was initially thrown off because most of the posts in this forum are about "i" cars, so when I saw those errors, I got freaked.
COBB Stage 2+ | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | ER FMIC & CP | Tial Q | Injen CAI | VRSF DP | BMS OCC | KW V3 | M3 Rear SFB / Sway Bar / Susp Bits / Strut Brace | Megan Racing Toe Arms | HPA Swaybar Endlinks | Apex EC-7 | Michelin PSS | MH 75mm Stud Conv | OEM Perf Grills and Diffuser | Exotics Tuning Front Lip | LUX H8 | Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow | LLumar 35%
Appreciate 0