E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Mtech Front and Rear Bumper with OEM Side Skirts?

07-10-2012, 03:18 AM   #1
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

Mtech Front and Rear Bumper with OEM Side Skirts?

Hey Guys,
This is my first time posting in this section. I wasn't really planning on doing any cosmetic modifications, but I was backing up into a makeshift parking space between two trees and I ended up pulling off my front bumper and and damaging the front left fender on a low lying fire hydrant that was out of my field of vision.

I figured since i needed to get a new front bumper, I might as well go Mtech, and since you get a discount if you buy the sideskirts and rear bumper, well I might as well do that too. Then of course since i was getting a new rear bumper, I might as well get a cool dukes dynamics diffuser with fins. Wait, what - they have quad diffusers? Obviously I picked up an AE exhaust with quad tip too. Since so much of my car needed to be repainted anyway, I might as well repaint the entire thing and go from Alpine White to Lambo Balloon White. That is the story of how one little bump gets very very expensive when the mod bug hits you like a freight train

Anyway, I have a long wait for the parts to come in because i decided to go OEM Mtech and there was no stock in Hong Kong. It takes my part supplier 8 weeks to ship in the parts form Germany. While I've been waiting, I've had a lot of time to refine my ideas. I've decided to paint the roof, kidney grilles, and DD rear diffuser gunmetal grey to match my GTS Rims, but my latest idea I'm a little on the fence about...

I've been looking at numerous pictures of E92's with different kits and I've come to the conclusion the the OEM sideskirts are actually the cleanest, most attractive option available. A bunch of people change out the Mtech sideskirts with M3 replica's, but to me, both options look too busy and I feel like they would take away from the presence my GTS wheels. I'm in love with the linearity of the standard sideskirts. My concern however, is whether they line up properly with the mtech front and rear bumpers.

Has any one on this board changed out the front and rear bumpers with Mtech's and left the sideskirts OEM? If so, do you have pictures of your car from different angles? Thanks in advance.

Here are pictures of my rather unfortunate accident and a side view of my car:
Attached Images

PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212

Last edited by Laguna Seca Blue; 07-10-2012 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 03:30 AM   #2
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

I started off purchasing the mtech front bumper, then rear bumper, but never the sideskirts. I eventually got M3 replica sideskirts, but here are some photos of my car back when I had just the mtech front and rear bumpers, with the stock sideskirts.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331492
      07-10-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep

Thanks a lot Chris, very helpful. I guess since the Mtech front bumper flares out so much at the corners, you kinda need some side skirts with some meat, otherwise it looks a bit flat.

Did you think your car looked odd with the standard side skirts? Beautiful car btw!
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
TypicalCat
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

i personally think the mtech font back and m3 sides is a nice combo. have you thought of getting a lip for the mtech front? imo that will complete the look.
      07-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep

We all have different tastes, I just want to keep my car as clean looking as possible. There's an Orange E92 M3 GTS that's parked a few spots away from me at home, and from the side, I prefer how my car looks.

Haha, I was looking at the Akrym lip yesterday. Very cool but it costs an arm and a leg and I'm afraid I'll scrape it up on a parking ramp.

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

I couldnt help but to lol when you said first time posting in this section then i scroll down only to see the photo upside down then im like oh okkk...hes not lying. But at least get the mtec sides to go along with the bumpers.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep

Haha, I tried fixing that several times. It's the right way around on iPhoto and on another thread, but for some reason E90post is playing tricks on me and it keeps flipping it around when I upload it.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might need to go with the Mtec's. Dammit

Appreciate 0