2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - California Don Nguyen | Norcal Vinyl Wrapping Trip - Taking Appointments for July 2012

07-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

Don Nguyen | Norcal Vinyl Wrapping Trip - Taking Appointments for July 2012

It's that time of year again. I am going to be making a trip up to norcal / San Jose area sometime in the next 3 weeks to do some vinyl wrapping once again. I know it's a bit of a late notice, but I just finalized the details of my trip and wanted to make this happen asap for those who have been waiting. I may be even up there as early as this Wednesday or Thursday.

I can only take so many appointments a day, so time slots will be a bit limited. I'll be available Mon - Fri. I won't be available on the weekends to do any vinyl work. I am booking all of my appointments via e-mail at donathon@gmail.com E-mail with the date you are interested in coming by and I will let you know what times I still have available for that day

Here are links to pictures of some of the things that I can do, separated a bit to help you view them easier. I am not limited to only what's seen/shown below. So feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...705158&page=16
3M DiNoc/1080 carbon fiber roof wraps - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...704966&page=13
Blacked out window trim - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=734930&page=5
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=705594&page=7

Just to update my current availability -

12th - Completely booked
13th - Completely booked
16th - 2 appointment slots left
17th - Available
18th - 3 appointment slots left
19th - 3 appointment slots left

Everyone who has e-mailed me already in the past will get priority as far as time slots goes, and everyone else who contacts me first will get priority after that. I may extend my trip, depending on how many appointments I can book.

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep

This is a longer post than usual, but I figured it is fitting because it showcases just some of the multiple types of vinyl services that I am able to do. On this silver Mercedes Benz CLS65 AMG, I vinyl wrapped the roof and roof spoiler in my matte black material, blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim in matte black as well, and lightly tinted / smoked the headlights as well as the turn signal lights on the side mirrors.

The matte black really gives the car an aggressive non-factory look as well as a very sleek look to the roof.

It is a bit ironic, because the owner of this car came down to me in Orange County from the Bay Area, and now I am going to be up in the Bay Area to do some vinyl wrapping. The owner of this car was planning on putting on matte black wheels later on, which will really go well and set off the matte black roof and window trim very well.

Note: The tail lights on this car were not tinted/smoked by me, only the headlights were.

Before:

Headlight before tinting / smoking:

Headlight after tinting / smoking:

Driver side (right) headlight tinted / smoked, passenger side (left) stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep

I tentatively only have 1-3 spots left. I have two cars to confirm for 2 of those 3 spots, so if they do, then I'll only have one spot left available, which would be on Monday the 16th at 4pm.

Here is a white Scion / Toyota FR-S FT86 that I worked on. The owner of this car drove from San Diego up to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to have me tint the tail lights on his car with my clear red vinyl film material to tone down the altezza / chrome-ish tail lights that came on the car. Everything was done seamlessly using a single piece for each tail light. It changes the look of the car dramatically. This is how the cars should have came from the factory. Doesn't bother me though, at least it gives me another job/car to do and offer to you guys

Lighting to me is always one of the biggest look changers that you can do on a car. It is sometimes over looked, but by applying a clear red film like this over the tail lights completely changes the look of the car and even lightly tinting / smoking the tail lights can create a big effect in the car's look.

Before:

During - Driver (left side) stock, passenger (right side) tinted with red clear film:

After w/ tail lights on"

After w/ tail lights on and blinkers / hazards on:

After - (blacked out front lower lip):

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 07-12-2012 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep

Thanks for all of the interest. As of a couple of days ago, I have completely booked my schedule for my July 12 - 19th norcal / bay area trip do some vinyl wrapping up there.

For those who were interested but were not able to schedule an appointment with me or if you saw this too late, feel free to e-mail me and I will put you on my norcal contact list for when I am up there again (TBA). I will be up there sooner than later if I can get enough cars together.

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep

Had some time this morning to resize these pictures of the first car that I worked on while up here. The owner of this white G37 coupe drove to me in San Jose from somewhere north of me to bring by his white G37 coupe to get the roof vinyl wrapped in my gloss black material. The gloss black roof really sets the car off, even on a stock or lightly modified car.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep

Thanks for everyone who was able to make it out to me in San Jose during my trip up there. I always do enjoy coming up to norcal to do vinyl work and hang out in the city after work I had people from all over norcal come out to me, ranging from Berkeley, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Vallejo, Sacramento, and from other cities around in the area.

My schedule was completely packed/booked this trip up and I know there were several people's cars that I weren't able to schedule or get to, so I may be planning another trip up there sometime in August. Tentatively I will be there the 20th - 25th, but I may only be working during the weekdays, which would be the 20th - 24th. After this trip, I do not know when the next time I will be able to make it back up to norcal, as my schedule is going to be fairly busy for the next couple of months after this. I will create a new thread for my August trip, but if you interested in getting your car worked on, e-mail me (donathon@gmail.com) to schedule/reserve an appointment slot/time. The sooner the better, as it is first come first serve.

There were a lot of cars that I worked on while up there, so it'll take a while for me to get around to being able to post pictures of all of them. The owner of this black Mercedes Benz E63 brought his car by to me to have me black out his chrome window trim with my gloss black vinyl material as well as lightly tint / smoke his head lights and tail lights. Took some up close pictures of the edges of the trim and lights to show the coverage and details for those who have asked or were interested in seeing more detailed pictures of my work. The tint / smoke film material that I use is fairly light, as to minimize the amount of light output that is reduced/decreased. It's also light enough where you should not get any hassle/issues from cops for them, as they almost resemble how a lot of factory tinted / smoked tail lights look now a days.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0