F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Retired the e90 328i and Joined the F30 club.
Extreme Powerhouse

06-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Retired the e90 328i and Joined the F30 club.

Long story short it started like this....my girlfriend who also has an e90 328xi took her car in for service, and they gave her a new 2012 f30 328i sport for a loaner. I took one look at the car and fell in love with it. After driving it I litterally was hooked. Good marketing strategy huh...

Well since my friend is a BMW sales manager, I called him, and he told me come down and take the 335i for a drive. I went without really knowing if Im ready to buy or not so I didnt even take my check book. I got there he tossed us the keys, and said come back whenever.

I was in love! It was a 335i sport black sapphire. Wow, what a great job on the interior, I was so sold on the red matte trim! I had to have it. I really like the m sport, but I would have had to order it and it was quite a bit more expensive.

So I ended up with a new 335i wich I have been wanting for some time. He gave me the car for $500 over invoice, and I had about 4k equity in my 328 i just couldnt say no. Needless to say it made its way to my driveway 2 days ago. Im not 100% yet because I have had no time due to work to really play with the car but I believe its fully optioned out. Ive driven the 335i a while back so I dont rememer really how it feels so I cant really compare the 2 right now but all I can say is this car really feels good, refined, and pulls like a train. The only think I can say is im still getting use to the electronic steering.

Ill post Pictures this weekend when I get a spare moment.

EDIT for Pics, finally got a chance to snap a few with the Iphone but it was raining so they suck.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jadar; 06-17-2012 at 12:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981
Long story short it started like this....my girlfriend who also has an e90 328xi took her car in for service, and they gave her a new 2012 f30 328i sport for a loaner. I took one look at the car and fell in love with it. After driving it I litterally was hooked. Good marketing strategy huh...

Well since my friend is a BMW sales manager, I called him, and he told me come down and take the 335i for a drive. I went without really knowing if Im ready to buy or not so I didnt even take my check book. I got there he tossed us the keys, and said come back whenever.

I was in love! It was a 335i sport black sapphire. Wow, what a great job on the interior, I was so sold on the red matte trim! I had to have it. I really like the m sport, but I would have had to order it and it was quite a bit more expensive.

So I ended up with a new 335i wich I have been wanting for some time. He gave me the car for $500 over invoice, and I had about 4k equity in my 328 i just couldnt say no. Needless to say it made its way to my driveway 2 days ago. Im not 100% yet because I have had no time due to work to really play with the car but I believe its fully optioned out. Ive driven the 335i a while back so I dont rememer really how it feels so I cant really compare the 2 right now but all I can say is this car really feels good, refined, and pulls like a train. The only think I can say is im still getting use to the electronic steering.

Nice!!!! That's so fun when it happens unexpectedly plus you got a great deal. Welcome to the 335i club. it really is the perfect car IMHO.

Pics!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
Nice!!!! That's so fun when it happens unexpectedly plus you got a great deal. Welcome to the 335i club. it really is the perfect car IMHO.

Pics!!!!
I will post some as soon as I get home today for the weekend, I do apologise, lately I been so busy with work. I know a new car thread sucks with no pics so Ill get on it asap.

Oh and thank you, and I dont know the car well yet but its everything I ever wanted it fills all my voids. Fast, fun super sporty, and a family capable sedan. I LOVE IT!
      06-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
I know a new car thread sucks with no pics so Ill get on it asap.
Not at all. Your impressions are more interesting.

These are mass produced cars. They all look the same. We know what it looks like.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

nevertheless, we have the formality of

Pic or it didn't happen...

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
dmontic71
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Garage List
I like to hear the impressions, but let's see the pics! I know the manager is your friend, but I love the subtle soft sell of just giving you the keys and letting you sell yourself! There is something about that new car smell!
      06-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Not at all. Your impressions are more interesting.

These are mass produced cars. They all look the same. We know what it looks like.
Yes I guess we do know what they look like. The car is still so new to me even though Im not new to bmw i guess its that 335i is different then a 328 and the car and I still have alot of aquainting to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
nevertheless, we have the formality of

Pic or it didn't happen...

lol i understand its coming its coming. give me til this evening and ill toss a few on here.

06-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
LAnderson23
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Nice! Careful, talking about F30 v E90 'round these parts will start a flame war. Best watch your back, son.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
328i4me
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnderson23 View Post
Nice! Careful, talking about F30 v E90 'round these parts will start a flame war. Best watch your back, son.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnderson23 View Post
lol eh im not even into that, i have what i have, i dont think my stuff is better then anyone elses. just me

I never understood why people always had to get into a pissing match on old vs new and whats better. Never had a dull moment with my e90 and im hoping i never get any with the replacement f30....hoping for many pleasant miles.
      06-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
SPACEMANRICK
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 6 speed manual

Yeh agreed, I am on my third 3 series in 10 years and it is the same argument whenever a new model comes out. Each one has been great as I am sure the new F30 is great. We will be hearing the same arguments about the F30 and it's successor the Gxx when it comes out in 6 years....
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACEMANRICK View Post
Yeh agreed, I am on my third 3 series in 10 years and it is the same argument whenever a new model comes out. Each one has been great as I am sure the new F30 is great. We will be hearing the same arguments about the F30 and it's successor the Gxx when it comes out in 6 years....
The way I look at it its an upgrade for me in either case. I went from a 328i to a 335i with more cubic feet, more room for people and that works for me just fine.

And whatever way BMW is headed, my personal opinion Ill always think they make and design beautiful cars, that little blue and white roundel is always cool to look at on my hood, and I love the history behind it all. THeir motorsports devison is bad ass.

I mean what ever generation bmw I saw I found something beautiful on each car rather it was an e36, e46, e90 whatever, they all look cool to me.

Maybe alot of people feel the brand is diluted, but hey to each his own. Some feel they over do it by slapping m sport badges on the car. But the way I look at it is its marketing strategy and they are looking to compete.

Why wouldnt you offer an m sport for less money then an m car. I mean MB has amg badges all over, audi's s line is on everything, I mean even, other companies like Ford put SVT race inspired suspension on a focus and market it as an ST. It is what it is, BMW is just trying to survive....
      06-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #13
mdsbuc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport-'12MustGT 5.0

So, Now you've got the new BMW F30 and A Ford Mustang Cobra. Can it get any better than this?!!!

Congrats on the new bimmer. Enjoy!

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut /Packages- Prem / DHP / Tech / Driver Assist / DA Plus Options- 8 Sprt AT / Htd FS / HK / Hi Bm Asst /403 19" w/perf tyres

Ordered: 12/15/12, ED Delivery Date: 04/23/13
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

Quote:

damn, how did you end up with 4k equity in a car? you got to share your secret.

must be nice to pay $500 over invoice on an "optioned out" car that probably would msrp at 59k, invoice at 54k and not know what options you actually have....
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #15
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:

Congrats!

Was this from BMW of Orland?

I've got a 335i Msport on order with my local NW Indiana dealer.
The Orland dealership is great, they really work on getting you a great deal. Their new store is so much bigger, and they needed it.

Ke se vidimo neki dan.
My Macedonian is much better than my Serbian.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #16
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntchow View Post
damn, how did you end up with 4k equity in a car? you got to share your secret.

must be nice to pay $500 over invoice on an "optioned out" car that probably would msrp at 59k, invoice at 54k and not know what options you actually have....
It was 57,020 and I got it for 53k, plus my trade in equity, plus my down payment. My friend is the sales manager at my local BMW so I do get some nice hookups, and I just looked at my paperwork and I thought it was 4,000 in equity but it was actually 3,000. Sorry bout that. I got confused because i got 4 grand off the car so I also thought that was my equity.

Yeah the cool thing is hes a straight shooter with me and he always steers me in the right direction. And luckily someone was looking for a 328 with stick so i believe he already has it sold.

Reason being he was able to do this was he was pushing 2012's out the door because he said they have a ton of 13's coming in July. And a few of them were 335i's.

As for the options go I knew I wanted a fully loaded car I just wasnt sure exhactly what was in this one lol because i bought it suddenl I wasnt really planning on buying it right then and there but I fell in love. It turns out the only option it does not have is active cruise control.
      06-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #17
mxdirtmx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i (F30) Imperial B

Congrats on the car... The 335 power is amazing isn't it? I can't wait to add some goodies to mine and see what she then will dyno at!

I got mine on June 7th... From a early March order, so at least you didn't have to wait as long as I did... The waiting sucks, but I will upload a pic of my Imperial Blue 335I Sport as well.... They are beautiful to look at, sit in and most importantly... They are a blast to drive!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Congrats!

Was this from BMW of Orland?

I've got a 335i Msport on order with my local NW Indiana dealer.
The Orland dealership is great, they really work on getting you a great deal. Their new store is so much bigger, and they needed it.

Ke se vidimo neki dan.
My Macedonian is much better than my Serbian.
No it was BMW of Schererville. Wow no way that was you? Small world.

Yes my friend at BMW told me I have an M-Sport coming and its already sold. He said he's getting 3 335i's in July and only one is available.

I havent been to the one in Orland, but I do hear they're great to work with. Bmw of Schererville has pretty good selections but Im just happy we have a dealer here in NWI. Id hate to drive for service every time 40 miles away.

Naravno vidimo se I have a Macedonian friend so I try to pick up on the similarities. Oh and congrats on that M sport. What color is it? I bet you have butterflies thinking about the delivery date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdirtmx View Post
Congrats on the car... The 335 power is amazing isn't it? I can't wait to add some goodies to mine and see what she then will dyno at!

I got mine on June 7th... From a early March order, so at least you didn't have to wait as long as I did... The waiting sucks, but I will upload a pic of my Imperial Blue 335I Sport as well.... They are beautiful to look at, sit in and most importantly... They are a blast to drive!
Oh man yes it is, its so addicting. Im trying not to thrash it in too much Im trying to properly break it in and all that good stuff.

What are your mod plans? I really want to remain stock for the most part, but Im probably going to wait for the Cobb tuner and play around just with that. I had a 700hp mustang, those going crazy fast and horsepower wars are kinda over for me. Id be hapy with 50-60 more ponies with this 335i and call it a day.

Yes post some pics Id love to see the blue. They are beautiful indeed, I've had some people ask me already what model it is, I think they get thrown off by the new f30 looks.
      06-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #19
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontic71 View Post
I like to hear the impressions, but let's see the pics! I know the manager is your friend, but I love the subtle soft sell of just giving you the keys and letting you sell yourself! There is something about that new car smell!
Yep, it did sell itself We had a few laughs about when my gf brought home a f30 loaner home, and he said yeah great sales strategy huh. Like I said I took one look at the f30 and knew I wanted it right away.

ps few pics posted. Much more with a good camera to come.
      06-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
LAnderson23
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Goddamn that's a sexy beast!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
SPACEMANRICK
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 6 speed manual

I traded in my 2006 330i for a 2008 335xi and the increase in power was significant and immediately noticeable especially off the line and in city traffic, so I am sure you are going to appreciate the extra pull on the 335!

One of my concerns is the size of the back seat for my kids. I am also looking at the Audi S4 but the back seat seems to be even a little smaller than my E90, do you notice that the back seat room in the F30 is much bigger than the E90......I know on paper it is but how does it actually feel back there in leg room and shoulder room?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #22
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACEMANRICK View Post
I traded in my 2006 330i for a 2008 335xi and the increase in power was significant and immediately noticeable especially off the line and in city traffic, so I am sure you are going to appreciate the extra pull on the 335!

One of my concerns is the size of the back seat for my kids. I am also looking at the Audi S4 but the back seat seems to be even a little smaller than my E90, do you notice that the back seat room in the F30 is much bigger than the E90......I know on paper it is but how does it actually feel back there in leg room and shoulder room?
Honestly the 2 things I noticed right away in this car without driving it was 1. I love the new interior, and 2. When I opened the back door I loved the back seat room improvement. It dosnt feel as cramped back there, and the seat is more level and doesnt have those little lumps on the ends when youre sliding into the back seat into an e90 you sort of fall in because of that slope. The f30 doesnt do that. If feels bigger overall, and wider. Not sure if you are putting in child seats, I dont have children, but if they are grown they will have plenty of space imo.