F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Quick Question
Studio RSR

06-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quick Question

Hello people,

I'm speaking to a dealer on creating a customized spoiler for my incoming F30 328i.

Does anyone know what the trunk size is?

I've been looking all over and can't find it anywhere. I figured, let me create a quick thread where people like E90Fleet can come to the rescue...

Please let me know...thanks!!!
      06-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
CanadianDriver
Captain
Rep
Drives: P3D-

too early, me thinks. it's probably better to wait for OEM or proven aftermarket ones

but why mod the clean look?

aren't you leasing it anyway?... spoilers are one of the harder items to fix during lease end
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDriver View Post
too early, me thinks. it's probably better to wait for OEM or proven aftermarket ones

but why mod the clean look?

aren't you leasing it anyway?... spoilers are one of the harder items to fix during lease end

True!

But it can still be removed. I want the car to look and feel exactly how I want it to for the 4 years I'm going to drive it. And if I like it a lot, I might just buy it out after the 4 years. (however I'd rather move into a 335i/340i or an M3 at that stage)

Anything is possible so I'm just concentrating on making the car exactly what I want...

I heard from a friend of mine that the F30 trunk is like 2 inches wider than the E90? Still doing my research...
      06-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M SuperCharged

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
True!

But it can still be removed. I want the car to look and feel exactly how I want it to for the 4 years I'm going to drive it. And if I like it a lot, I might just buy it out after the 4 years. (however I'd rather move into a 335i/340i or an M3 at that stage)

Anything is possible so I'm just concentrating on making the car exactly what I want...

I heard from a friend of mine that the F30 trunk is like 2 inches wider than the E90? Still doing my research...
I was into spoilers many moons ago. Are you doing it for the looks or for the performance? My experience with them for performance is that a front spoiler works well to hold the front end down at high speed, but most rear spoilers offer very little downward force unless you go with a really big one. It seems to me that most rear spoilers are just for show. Personally, I'd put my money into a real performance upgrade like an ECU tune or higher grade suspension.
Appreciate 0